The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Daft question maybe; is everything okay with DC's kid?

Somewhere in the last few days there was a hint at a condition or diagnosis (though still can't find which link it was)

If it ends up, he has specific needs his parent had to allow for, this media dogpiling for self-isolating near relatives able to help could look pretty vile.
Would that fit the MSMs agenda? I doubt it.

Somewhere in the last few days there was a hint at a condition or diagnosis (though still can't find which link it was)

If it ends up, he has specific needs his parent had to allow for, this media dogpiling for self-isolating near relatives able to help could look pretty vile.
I gave a "like" for your post, but of course it was not a "like" for a possible problem involving the child. It was because I, too, caught a hint of a potential issue in a comment made by Boris Johnson yesterday.

Dalef65

Old-Salt

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer

I read that the child has autism and if that’s the case then he will need familiar people and faces if he needed to be cared for.
I have said that Cummings should “fall on his sword” for travelling to Durham to his parents, but if it’s the case the son is autistic then I may well have to change my position. It still doesn’t look good but it would be perfectly understandable and the media should ease off. But they won’t because it’s Cummings.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
After hearing that yet another wealthy person is taking a law suit against the government* I’m also hearing reports that 15 Tory MPs are calling for Cummings to be sacked.

Do any of you know who the 15 are, and which way they voted in the Brexit referendum?

*Simon Dolan is taking a law suit against the government over their lockdown rules. He was interviewed on Talkradio this morning from his home in Monaco.

Edit
I have seen three MPs names in the media today:
Steve Baker, Caroline Nokes and Tim Loughton. Those were all pro Brexit.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
With all the current outrage over social distancing rules it is somewhat odd that the only person being ‘hounded by the media’ in this photo is the person who was at his own home!
C42BE8BF-0926-4B9A-82E5-0391D02B1BA1.jpeg

With all the current outrage over social distancing rules it is somewhat odd that the only person being ‘hounded by the media’ in this photo is the person who was at his own home!
View attachment 476289
As that picture shows, not only are the reptiles in each other's physical distancing* space, but they are invading someone else's, uninvited I am sure.

*I prefer 'physical distancing' to 'social distancing'.

Dredd

LE
The charts shown in today's briefing were not centred and sized correctly. For example, the graph of daily U.K. Deaths for all locations with rolling 7 day ...

On bbc1 the last 5 days were off screen

On sky news they were there, but other stuff missing elsewhere.

I'm guessing that it started with govt press team, but why would broadcast channels not feed back issues and/or adjust for themselves ?

In the end, what's the point of showing info if key elements are being cropped?

Tossers
Convenience.

In more ways than one.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

I did wonder that during yesterday's briefing. Asked Mr. GRB is he thought the child might have special needs ...

Regardless, the press are behaving abominable.

This could make the Barnard Castle visit allegation a little tricky

TAFKA

Old-Salt
The Guardian and Mirror have received photographic proof that Dominic Cummings did in fact visit Barnard Castle when he should have been self-isolating. Piers Morgan has personally authenticated the photo.
DC at BC.jpg

Slime

LE
This could make the Barnard Castle visit allegation a little tricky
That is hilarious.
I just looked on his site and the comment was from 17:15 yesterday so was made while the briefing was still on.

It’s a double whammy....................casting doubt on the cummings sighting and free publicity to boot :)

The Guardian and Mirror have received photographic proof that Dominic Cummings did in fact visit Barnard Castle when he should have been self-isolating. Piers Morgan has personally authenticated the photo.
View attachment 476319
At first glance I thought that was the BBC's David Harper! The similarity to DC is quite marked; I wonder if any of the rabid media pack are actually checking out the possibility of mistaken identity rather than continuing to bash away at Boris. (OK, I wouldn't really expect the BBC to do so!)

Faked picture aside, that does bring back happy memories of Barnard Castle.

Seadog

ADC
The charts shown in today's briefing were not centred and sized correctly. For example, the graph of daily U.K. Deaths for all locations with rolling 7 day ...

On bbc1 the last 5 days were off screen

On sky news they were there, but other stuff missing elsewhere.

I'm guessing that it started with govt press team, but why would broadcast channels not feed back issues and/or adjust for themselves ?

In the end, what's the point of showing info if key elements are being cropped?

Tossers
On a previous occasion, I had a similar cropped display. After much chuntering and pointing of fingers, the fault was traced to my John Logie Baird first edition television. £400 later I got a shiny new telly, top box and the full picture.

happyuk

War Hero
Dear god those yellow strides are unforgivable. As a previous poster alluded to, it's nothing a decent sized wicker man and an army of yokels couldn't rectify.

On a previous occasion, I had a similar cropped display. After much chuntering and pointing of fingers, the fault was traced to my John Logie Baird first edition television. £400 later I got a shiny new telly, top box and the full picture.
Mine is a lot newer, and the sizing issue was new and subsequent days have returned to 'normal'

Just a dodgy weekend 2nd stringer probably

That is hilarious.
I just looked on his site and the comment was from 17:15 yesterday so was made while the briefing was still on.

It’s a double whammy....................casting doubt on the cummings sighting and free publicity to boot :)
It's not all upsides, there was an interview where he said he gets mistaken for Greg Wallace..

After hearing that yet another wealthy person is taking a law suit against the government* I’m also hearing reports that 15 Tory MPs are calling for Cummings to be sacked.

Do any of you know who the 15 are, and which way they voted in the Brexit referendum?

*Simon Dolan is taking a law suit against the government over their lockdown rules. He was interviewed on Talkradio this morning from his home in Monaco.

Edit
I have seen three MPs names in the media today:
Steve Baker, Caroline Nokes and Tim Loughton. Those were all pro Brexit.
Cummings is no fan of the ERG and other similar blowhards, they know it as well. See the Steve Baker article I posted yesterday.

Latest Threads