The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

As an aside, do we know if the two separate people who came within touching distance of the Beeb lacky were members of his immediate family, or two random people deliberately breaking social distancing rules?
One, the lad, certainly had a sub-continent appearance - though that is not to say that is his origin!

Have you ever heard so much sanctimonious claptrap, all from people unable to say what they would have done instead in the Cummings’ circumstances?

Stand by for more criticism from a hypocritical MSM plus other anti-Government commentators. Did you see how well they respected social distancing guidelines when they mobbed Cummings?

When the MSM say “Pressure is mounting against...” they mean “We’re kicking up as much childish fuss as possible.” By making such an issue of a single incident to the exclusion of far more significant concerns, the MSM are guilty of creating a self-fulfilling prophesy with their witch hunt. Cummings did nothing illegal.

I can only suggest that you email the BBC with your question.

You'll probably get an email back telling you how the BBC doesn‘t actually respond to emails which may or may not provide the definition of 'droves’ that you seek.
Wise words: maybe I should submit an FOI request.

Can't do any harm.

Can it?

Slime

LE
In other news that the MSM couldn’t give a toss about, over 100 U.K. citizens died in the last 24 hours.

Slime

LE
We have a friend, who had it around the same time, she was speaking to her the other day and she looks knackered and is still not 100%
I caught it quite some time before Boris got it, when I was at the stage he is now I was still quite breathless and found it hard to stand up for very long.

He is looking a lot better than I did at the same stage.

no f in beer

War Hero
I caught it quite some time before Boris got it, when I was at the stage he is now I was still quite breathless and found it hard to stand up for very long.

He is looking a lot better than I did at the same stage.
2 weeks since testing positive, walk in the park today was knackering, not even a mile, think it may take a while to recover

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

R0B

War Hero
Why were all of the photographers that were hounding Dominic Cummings when he tried to get in his Range Rover not social distancing? Do the rules only apply to Political Advisers?

Mind you, the BBC may be waking up to the writing on the wall..

People have turned to BBC 'in droves' - Lord Hall

One particular sentence from that piece caught my eye...

'He said he "took his hat off" to staff who had created "excellent" content, even though 92% of the workforce were now working from home.'

It’s difficult to drive a camera, or fix a mixing desk from home. So most, if not all of the Engineers, Technicians and operators, make up less than 8% of the staff.

Over twelve times as many people poncing around in offices rather than actually making TV and radio. Now I appreciate that you need scriptwriters, and admin, and so on - but if 92% of BBC employees don’t need to be anywhere near a studio, then something’s a bit off.

The old joke was that the production side of things at the Beeb was for people who were too stupid to get a job in The City or politics, and wanted to wear jeans to work. If I was a licence-fee payer I’d be rather annoyed that most of my money was going to people sat around cut-and-pasting articles from The Guardian.

The ‘buying fuel’ thing makes me chuckle. If he could buy fuel (just like the other 60+ million who live in the U.K.) the fuel station must have been open, and it must have been OK to buy fuel :)
I have not bought fuel for six weeks ... my son has and he uses a Petrol Station which has disposable gloves at the Pump , free anti bacterial wipes for use on entering / leaving the pay area and the floor suitably marked out for social distancing ... a practice I see , as others have posted , not in use when the Press Sc(r)um gathered around Cummings' Car .

Last edited:

Seadog

ADC
One belter on my social media didn’t know the difference between the CMO (Scotland) and the Scottish Health Secretary.
Another Internet Intellectual has just made the same error. Yet another doesn’t know the political difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland. These muppets should be separated from the Internet until they have finished school.

Seadog

ADC
Sophie Ridge (Sky) interviewing Grant Shapps this morning.

Mr Shapps, what were the pressures in the tyres of Dominic Cumming’s car when he left the M25 and joined the A1M?

The questions were the kind that from a less diplomatic chap than the chap Shapps would elicit a how in the name of all that is holy, would I know?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why were all of the photographers that were hounding Dominic Cummings when he tried to get in his Range Rover not social distancing? Do the rules only apply to Political Advisers?
I wonder when the MSM (and Karen from Facebook) are going to start calling for them all to be sacked for not maintaining the 2 metre social distancing rule.

In the event that Durham decide to prosecute to the full extent of the law (as it was at the time) I take it that once he's paid his (£30) debt to society and its all done and dusted?
The Met will begin issuing £100 fines to the media for the social distancing offences they've clearly committed and the law will have dealt with the whole affair impartially.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
In the event that Durham decide to prosecute to the full extent of the law (as it was at the time) I take it that once he's paid his (£30) debt to society and its all done and dusted?
The Met will begin issuing £100 fines to the media for the social distancing offences they've clearly committed and the law will have dealt with the whole affair impartially.
Only when these three have also been fined.

Labour MP Steven Kinnock travelled to his parents house for a birthday.
Labour MP Tahir Ali attended a funeral along with 100 other mourners.
Welsh Health Minister Vaughan Gething sat at a picnic table having chips with his family, all during the lockdown.

Daft question maybe; is everything okay with DC's kid?

Somewhere in the last few days there was a hint at a condition or diagnosis (though still can't find which link it was)

If it ends up, he has specific needs his parent had to allow for, this media dogpiling for self-isolating near relatives able to help could look pretty vile.

Latest Threads