The Masons

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by error_unknown, Mar 16, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why was the Masons thread off, Or was we getting to close to something??????????????????.

2. Surely not mucker, but there has been an interesting moderators edit down at the bottom of the threads beneath this:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb1/YaBB.pl?board=fm_bd_int;action=display;num=1047732735

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Where is the Mason thread?

4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I have not removed the thread. I suspect that the originator has removed it (deleting the opening post removes the entire thread).

As for Stick Man's post in "Personality or Professionalism", the post was edited by Bow_man because the picture was in v poor taste.

Sorry to dispell the consipracy theories, but it looks like whoever started the Masons thread removed it.

5. I didn'd remoce any thing? Were / why has this post deleted??

6. Well if Postie didn't remove it, and Woopert didn't....

Then who did?

<X-Files intro> :)

7. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Ref my last and the response I posted in the other thread on this matter. no conspiracy, I suspect that the server is playing up as I had to remove some threads which duplicated themselves on sat, but did not remove the Masons thread.

8. Hummmmmmmm ::) 666

9. Are the Masons anything like the Simpson’s.  If so will drinking lots of Duff Beer and Doughnuts advance my career?

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Does in our Corps, Refractor!

11. Yes... this was a good thread.

Just to restart it.... it is not possible for a secret society with the Armed Forces. The two are incompatible.

Secrecy will always breed distrust . . I am sure the Masons do good work but as long as they are a secret organisation, there is no place for them within the Armed Services that rely on trust, openess and honesty.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Hear Hear!

13. Yes me to and my wife ;D

14. Ramillies

I hear what you say, but have to take a more pragmatic view in the short term.

Some amongst us still have difficulty with women being in the army, never mind homosexuals.  It'll take another couple of generations before the Craft is considered acceptable to the rank and file.

One thing I do have difficulty with though, are the Gay Masons; now there's a secret bunch!!

15. Masons....hmmmmmm, being a STAB I come into contact with them in civvy street.  I work for what classes as a "blue chip" company and employs more people than a fully established TA at the moment.
    As I make my advance up the corporate ladder I am comming across more and more of these secret club members and I find the whole thing completely distainful.  People in positions that they don't derserve and can not carry out in the manner required, leads to some very bizzare decisions that usually waste a lot of peoples time.  I would say that at least in the Army there are some checks and balances that must limit this in terms of ticks in boxes, courses passed and previous posts held that possibly keep things a little more in check.  Anyway it's all very sad, but at least if it keeps them amused and distracted with their own games of politics at least the rest of us can get on with the business that needs doing....