The Masons

E

error_unknown

Why was the Masons thread off, Or was we getting to close to something??????????????????.

I have not removed the thread. I suspect that the originator has removed it (deleting the opening post removes the entire thread).

As for Stick Man's post in "Personality or Professionalism", the post was edited by Bow_man because the picture was in v poor taste.

Sorry to dispell the consipracy theories, but it looks like whoever started the Masons thread removed it.

Well if Postie didn't remove it, and Woopert didn't....

Then who did?

<X-Files intro> :)

Ref my last and the response I posted in the other thread on this matter. no conspiracy, I suspect that the server is playing up as I had to remove some threads which duplicated themselves on sat, but did not remove the Masons thread.

Yes... this was a good thread.

Just to restart it.... it is not possible for a secret society with the Armed Forces. The two are incompatible.

Secrecy will always breed distrust . . I am sure the Masons do good work but as long as they are a secret organisation, there is no place for them within the Armed Services that rely on trust, openess and honesty.

Ramillies

I hear what you say, but have to take a more pragmatic view in the short term.

Some amongst us still have difficulty with women being in the army, never mind homosexuals.  It'll take another couple of generations before the Craft is considered acceptable to the rank and file.

One thing I do have difficulty with though, are the Gay Masons; now there's a secret bunch!!

Masons....hmmmmmm, being a STAB I come into contact with them in civvy street.  I work for what classes as a "blue chip" company and employs more people than a fully established TA at the moment.
As I make my advance up the corporate ladder I am comming across more and more of these secret club members and I find the whole thing completely distainful.  People in positions that they don't derserve and can not carry out in the manner required, leads to some very bizzare decisions that usually waste a lot of peoples time.  I would say that at least in the Army there are some checks and balances that must limit this in terms of ticks in boxes, courses passed and previous posts held that possibly keep things a little more in check.  Anyway it's all very sad, but at least if it keeps them amused and distracted with their own games of politics at least the rest of us can get on with the business that needs doing....

Never mind debating it again, it was all there for people to see and its gone, surely your web server has back ups, where are they, restore the data, this is a democratic site and all goes as long as OPSEC prevails. Bring it back please before some of us out here start getting suspicious.  ???

Of course let us not forget the Buffs ;)

The poor mans version that hide behind the doors of tumbledown sheds in all garrisons.  

Do they actually do anything for charity or is it just a place for a warm can ???

Now there's lots of charity work to do.

Basra lodge holds it's first meeting after work on Friday...

I am a bit confused as to the point raised by the "conspiracy theorists".  Are you inferring:

1)      The Moderators are Masons and are trying to hush things up?

Or

2)      The Moderators are anti-Mason and are trying to hush things up?

Personally, I have no first hand knowledge of funny handshakes and I keep my trouser leg rolled down at all times.  

GGG (aka Great Grand Geronimo)

Ventress

LE
Of course let us not forget the Buffs ;)

The poor mans version that hide behind the doors of tumbledown sheds in all garrisons.  

Do they actually do anything for charity or is it just a place for a warm can ???
They do enough so you don't have to dip into your pocket!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
snozzer RLC 1
Moon_Monkey AGC, RAPTC and SASC 114
sous Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 102