The map says it all.

#3
Well, England does look very blue at that scale, until you look at the cities. This explains quite well why the govt is so urban-centric & couldn't give a hang about the shires & countryside.
 
#4
Hmm. I wouldn't have like to have served along side you should the red hoards ever have crossed the IGB. I would imagine you standing up and welcoming them with open arms shouting slogans like 'Forwards the prolitariet!', 'Seize the means af production my brothers!'.
Please answer me the following question.

Q. How is it right in a 'fair' and just society that 2 unemployed people can produce a family of 6 children then expect the government to pay for their upbringing, housing and household bills and actually receive it. How can this be 'fair' that those who pay taxes cannot afford to raise more than a couple of children because they have to survive on a far less due to the tax they are paying to those who do not and never will contribute?
Please give me a rational and reasonable answer, and not some left wing activist slogans and diktat.
 
#5
If anyone's bought the 2001 Census Atlas, could they please post the unemployment map of the UK? I can only find partial bits of it on the internet, and the sample piccies on the website don't have unemployment.

It would be interesting to see if speedy's right, as I suspect he probably is.
 
#7
Speedy said:
Hmm. I wouldn't have like to have served along side you should the red hoards ever have crossed the IGB. I would imagine you standing up and welcoming them with open arms shouting slogans like 'Forwards the prolitariet!', 'Seize the means af production my brothers!'.
Please answer me the following question.

Q. How is it right in a 'fair' and just society that 2 unemployed people can produce a family of 6 children then expect the government to pay for their upbringing, housing and household bills and actually receive it. How can this be 'fair' that those who pay taxes cannot afford to raise more than a couple of children because they have to survive on a far less due to the tax they are paying to those who do not and never will contribute?
Please give me a rational and reasonable answer, and not some left wing activist slogans and diktat.
Speedy,

I couldn't agree with you more! I grew up in a labour stronghold in the NW and thankfully through education had the opportunity to broaden my horizons. Each time I go back to visit friends and family it amazes me the level of sponging that goes on in that area - even amongst my own family. But hey if the govt, be it central or local is willing to reward laziness and the "gimme" attitude then what can you expect. To be truthful it isn't fun watching members of your own family turn into deadbeats such as those you describe above but given the nanny state approach it's not surprising. What ever happened to pride?

I for one am glad I voted with my feet beforehand and have no great desire to return to the NW - which is a real shame since the county in which I grew up contains some of the nicest folk around. It's just a shame they're stuck in the mould of voting for pr*cks like Jack Straw...

lancslad
 
#8
Well, im happy. My constiuency managed to kick out the labour MP, altough we did replace him with an SNP member.

Shame is that this wasnt enough for labour to get a real good kicking

goodybye to the regiments. :(
 
#9
lancslad said:
Speedy said:
Hmm. I wouldn't have like to have served along side you should the red hoards ever have crossed the IGB. I would imagine you standing up and welcoming them with open arms shouting slogans like 'Forwards the prolitariet!', 'Seize the means af production my brothers!'.
Please answer me the following question.

Q. How is it right in a 'fair' and just society that 2 unemployed people can produce a family of 6 children then expect the government to pay for their upbringing, housing and household bills and actually receive it. How can this be 'fair' that those who pay taxes cannot afford to raise more than a couple of children because they have to survive on a far less due to the tax they are paying to those who do not and never will contribute?
Please give me a rational and reasonable answer, and not some left wing activist slogans and diktat.
I'm quite happy. I live in Preston but come under Ribble Vally (bizarre!) and Nigel Evans (con) got in again.

Speedy,

I couldn't agree with you more! I grew up in a labour stronghold in the NW and thankfully through education had the opportunity to broaden my horizons. Each time I go back to visit friends and family it amazes me the level of sponging that goes on in that area - even amongst my own family. But hey if the govt, be it central or local is willing to reward laziness and the "gimme" attitude then what can you expect. To be truthful it isn't fun watching members of your own family turn into deadbeats such as those you describe above but given the nanny state approach it's not surprising. What ever happened to pride?

I for one am glad I voted with my feet beforehand and have no great desire to return to the NW - which is a real shame since the county in which I grew up contains some of the nicest folk around. It's just a shame they're stuck in the mould of voting for pr*cks like Jack Straw...

lancslad
 
#10
Somehow, my postal ballot arrived and I got to vote. Was surprised that John Smith (Lab) (ex RAF SNCO) got returned to the Vale of Glamorgan seat after the DARA fcuk-up (Defence Aviation Repair Agency) cost the taxpayers millions and led to the disappearance of around a thousand skilled avation maintenance jobs (with more soon to follow).
In return, at RAF St Athan we got a multimillion pound hanger that is of fcuk all use to anyone and the 1st Bn Welsh Guards and their chav offspring who cause more crime than the peasants on the social that preceded them in the old married quarters. Couldn't they have sent us asylum seekers instead? They would cause less trouble.
 
#12
Speedy said:
Q. How is it right in a 'fair' and just society that 2 unemployed people can produce a family of 6 children then expect the government to pay for their upbringing, housing and household bills and actually receive it.
I actually thought you were speaking about the House of Windsor there for a minute. But the Queen only has 4 kids, the free castles, all those gold and jewels and more hats than Imelda Marcos had shoes. Bless her.
 
#13
Speedy said:
Hmm. I wouldn't have like to have served along side you should the red hoards ever have crossed the IGB. I would imagine you standing up and welcoming them with open arms shouting slogans like 'Forwards the prolitariet!', 'Seize the means af production my brothers!'.
By the look of your Avatar, you'd be in the RCZ plus slippers drinking tea, And I'd have needed someone with a tad of brains to No2 on a Milan

Please answer me the following question.

Q. How is it right in a 'fair' and just society that 2 unemployed people can produce a family of 6 children then expect the government to pay for their upbringing, housing and household bills and actually receive it. How can this be 'fair' that those who pay taxes cannot afford to raise more than a couple of children because they have to survive on a far less due to the tax they are paying to those who do not and never will contribute?
There are systems in place, to return the long term unemployed back to work. There are scabby b@stards that will milk the state for every penny, and not give a fcuk. Yes it pisses me and plenty of other people off, all we can do is shop them. You think It pleasures me to fight for school nursery place with some mong who’d make a good bayonet target! And sole contribution to this life and to this country is been the British Olympic super king smoker/Elisabeth duke model?
(Dole and lazy bastards are only applicable you live in a Labour area, After all by your system there'd be no doleites, scumbags ect in good tory areas :))
You are quite right, It’s not fair, But if the jobs don't pay why bother. You could get them working for the dole, who’d employ a load of fat knackers? Would it be worth it? What would they do?
I'm from a "Hard working family" That MH kept banging on about, Like lots of other people who pay tax, bring up kids properly, keep out of trouble and generally get on in life. What we really don't need is comments from people like you that brand us as second class citizens. Why next all the tory voters would ride off chasing basil brush before stopping to check there stock value, all calling in the Bupa casualty dept for a neck brace (Sorry Bupa don't do casualty thats the dirty nasty NHS)

Prolitariet = Proletariat

:D
 
#14
crabtastic said:
Somehow, my postal ballot arrived and I got to vote. Was surprised that John Smith (Lab) (ex RAF SNCO) got returned to the Vale of Glamorgan seat after the DARA fcuk-up (Defence Aviation Repair Agency) cost the taxpayers millions and led to the disappearance of around a thousand skilled avation maintenance jobs (with more soon to follow).
In return, at RAF St Athan we got a multimillion pound hanger that is of fcuk all use to anyone and the 1st Bn Welsh Guards and their chav offspring who cause more crime than the peasants on the social that preceded them in the old married quarters. Couldn't they have sent us asylum seekers instead? They would cause less trouble.
I would love the Defence College of CIS to move to St Athan. It would really improve the area and be a tidier 'bagging-off' ground for scaleys. And cheaper to buy a house than Dorset.
 
#15
PoisonDwarf said:
crabtastic said:
Somehow, my postal ballot arrived and I got to vote. Was surprised that John Smith (Lab) (ex RAF SNCO) got returned to the Vale of Glamorgan seat after the DARA fcuk-up (Defence Aviation Repair Agency) cost the taxpayers millions and led to the disappearance of around a thousand skilled avation maintenance jobs (with more soon to follow).
In return, at RAF St Athan we got a multimillion pound hanger that is of fcuk all use to anyone and the 1st Bn Welsh Guards and their chav offspring who cause more crime than the peasants on the social that preceded them in the old married quarters. Couldn't they have sent us asylum seekers instead? They would cause less trouble.
I would love the Defence College of CIS to move to St Athan. It would really improve the area and be a tidier 'bagging-off' ground for scaleys. And cheaper to buy a house than Dorset.
You'd better hope they do it quickly. It has the one of the fastest rates of inflation of house prices in the country. My sister's place in Cardiff is now worth 2 1/2 times what she paid for it in 2000.
 
#16
You're just like Blair. You didn't answer my question, but spend a larger amount of time dancing around the issue before resting on your laurels in the vain hope you've confused people enough to back off.
What will happen is a return to the 70's. Not with militant union action, but with more people demanding more wages as a large chunk of what they recieve is being swallowed up by tax. Lets deconstruct your post shall we?

There are systems in place, to return the long term unemployed back to work
Yes there are. Its called disability allowence. It makes the unemployed magically vanish from unemployment figures.

I'm from a "Hard working family" That MH kept banging on about, Like lots of other people who pay tax, bring up kids properly, keep out of trouble and generally get on in life. What we really don't need is comments from people like you that brand us as second class citizens.
I didn't say anything of the sort, and neither did I suggest it, but I am suprised that you think giving large chunks of you wages away to lazy undeserving and selfish people is a good thing and that eventually you think that they will just feel guilty about it and get a job. How pleasently naive, but your subconsious dependence on rank and blind faith in a proven liar is quite disturbing. Please answer the question I origionally asked. Yes or no? It's not hard and you may impress yourself by excersising free thought and independant decision making.
 
#18
Lancslad I know what you mean about nice people in the NW and spongers. I live in south Manchester where there is a infamous "race course" eastate full of spongers yet in this years and the 2001 election tory come out with over 10,000 more votes than the other partys.