The Mail on Sunday - Christopher Geidt

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Whiskybreath, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The power behind the throne? Interesting article. I once had a corporal who thought he was Royalty, but it wasn't this chap. Good on him.
  2. I had him as a student on one of my courses at your place. (Jarrod calm down) I considered that he belonged to some other mob at the time. Nice blerk.
  3. Easy job.....

Every time Phil clears his throat to say something, he gives him a rap on the shin
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Never Mind that have you seen the nick of the Irish Prime Minsiters wife?

WTF is that? Part Walrus part Hippo?

Phils probably wondering what ******* calibre you need to hunt it, or maybe a harpoon?
    • Like Like x 4
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

An article based on the scant official information about the man and made-up quotes. Standard fare for the Mail on Sunday. FWIW, he was commissioned and left as a Captain, and the idea that he helps the Queen choose her dresses is fcuking ludicrous, to say the least.
  6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Interesting gong-wear. CVO, OBE (civ div), Gulf War, UNTAC (UN Cambodia), European Community Monitoring Mission Bosnia. Not your average career.
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

CVO=Private Secretary to HM the Q
    OBE=COS to Carl Bildt in the Balkans
    Gulf War=Int Corps (V)
    UNTAC=There as an observer - oddly enough - as Assistant Director RUSI
    ECMM=As a member of the EC Monitoring Mission in the Balkans

Not actually surprising if you follow his career path. I should add, I do know him and I can say the MoS article is somewhat inaccurate.
  8. I'll bet he's really chuffed to be credited with making the Queen popular all over again.....
  9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It would be like me saying you're entirely responsible for making Euro-scepticism popular on Arrse: not true and a bit embarrassing.
  10. Ahhh but everybody knows I waffle lots and spout bollocks, unfortunatly for Christopher Geidt he has a sufficiently vague public profile to make the newspapers credible.
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Erm question? Since when has the Daily Mail been credible?
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I reckon 99% of people who read that article will or do give a **** about this chap. They seem to be implying he is to the Queen lwhat the P.A. who squeezed toothpaste out for charlie and shook his cock after a tinkle was to him, and clearly he is not. Slow news piece, nothing else.
  13. Hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people read it. Presumably they don't buy it thinking they are getting the grown up version of the Beano.
    Sadly the majority of newspaper buyers out there even believe The Sun prints real news, like it or not the Mail is credible to millions
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Do you mean that before she goes out and about the Queen dosen't turn to him and say "does ones arrse look big in this"?
  15. Well we now know who eat all the pies