The Lunar X Prize

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Howler, Oct 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This thread gave me an idea...

With the collective arrse muscle, why don't we see if we can win the X Prize

The challenge calls for teams to compete in successfully launching, landing, and operating a rover on the lunar surface. The prize awards US$20 million to the first team to land a rover on the moon that successfully roves more than 500 meters and transmits back high definition images and video. There is a $5 million second prize, as well as $5 million in potential bonus prizes for extra features such as roving long distances (greater than 5,000 meters), capturing images of man made objects on the moon, detecting ice on one of the Moon's craters, discovering the remains of Apollo program hardware, or surviving a lunar night. The X Prize offers the first prize until December 31, 2012, thereafter it offers $15 million until December 31, 2014.[4]

There must be enough interested parties on this site to form a syndicate?
  2. They did, but due to elf'n'safety rules binned it as it would take 2.5 million people to hold it steady at the bottom, plus also how are you supposed to keep to the 3 points of contact in zero gravity ?? :D
  3. If you can make it out of B&H, Black Sheep Ale and my j_izz, then I'm happy to help...................

4. Someone has been watching mock the week
  5. Love to get involved in something like this ,but ,only skills I could offer is lifting heavy boxes and making brews :cry: .
  6. shouldn't be too hard... just "borrow" india's rocket... :p