The Longest Walk

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by thiswayup, Oct 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you who don't know me, I teach High Threat Counter Terrorist Bomb Disposal. We teach Bomb Disposal Operators who then deploy to nice places like IRAQ. On the 24th July 05 a colleauge of mine was very badly injured by a terrorist bomb functioned close to where he was working. He is currently still in hospital in the UK and will remain there for a number of months yet.

In order to help him and his family at this very difficult time, a group of us are getting together to do a 24hr sponsored walk. Too easy you might think but we are going to do this walk wearing the "Bomb Suit", this weighs an additional 65lb. We will be participating in teams off six and doing 2hour shifts.

The walk is to take place on 06/12/05 at DM Kineton and I am aiming to raise a very respectable amount. All money raised is going directly to him and his family. At this time we do not have a registered charity number as it is just a group of friends doing what they can. If you would be willing to donate anything (no matter how small) then please could you pm me and I will give you details of where to send the donations to. Cheques can be made payable to 11 EOD Regt RLC PRI Fund ( a seperate column has been opened for him)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.