Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The little things in in life that make your day..?

D

Deleted 24582

Checking the bank account, and having 39 bucks left in checking after pay day weekend! Whilst still having half a tank of petrol in the truck!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Walking into work today, noticed that the Poppy tray I left in reception got a good going over since I left it there on Friday and the glass jar* for collecting the money has at least 3 20 pound notes in it along with a shedload of change.
* The glass jar is because despite asking 7 times on LPD if they could bring 3 collecting tins up to Cannon St to go with the 3 boxes I'd be taking away at the end of the day, they still didn't arrive. A phone call was made to RBL on Borough High St on Friday requesting the same, with the answer "We don't just do the tins, you have to order the whole shebang and that should take a week to process through", useless cunts!

D

Deleted 24582

Walking into work today, noticed that the Poppy tray I left in reception got a good going over since I left it there on Friday and the glass jar* for collecting the money has at least 3 20 pound notes in it along with a shedload of change.
* The glass jar is because despite asking 7 times on LPD if they could bring 3 collecting tins up to Cannon St to go with the 3 boxes I'd be taking away at the end of the day, they still didn't arrive. A phone call was made to RBL on Borough High St on Friday requesting the same, with the answer "We don't just do the tins, you have to order the whole shebang and that should take a week to process through", useless cunts!
Kinda sad, I normally visit Walmart and throw a few bucks in the collection bin and thank the volunteers for their efforts. Then I get mine, but they will give you one to wear if you don’t have anything to donate.

Kinda sad, I normally visit Walmart and throw a few bucks in the collection bin and thank the volunteers for their efforts. Then I get mine, but they will give you one to wear if you don’t have anything to donate.
Do you lot get Poppies as well? Would like to see the US one.

Its not only red, its red, white, and blue, and six inches across, with flashing LED lights around the rim, to remind the lads of Las Vegas. Its has diamond chips in, to denote their diamond ace pilots, a gold inlay centre piece, denotes trumps Barnet, has witty one liners printed around the edges, a homage to bob hope, who entertained the troops from the battle of the little big horn right up to camp bastion.( British, born in south london) The stem is hollow, and is filled with JD, as a homage to the good old boys back home, and the pin has a musical chip inside, that plays My Way by old blue eyes, as a reminder of the blue on blue fcuk ups so beloved of their DoD. as expected of the American version of the poppy of Flanders fields, all very un-assuming, and laid back. Oh Almost forgot, has the numbers 3/4 & 2/5 printed on the back, the amount of years they were late in two global wars. Apart from all that, everything normal.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
Having a decent, solid and fragrant shite after having the trots for 3 days.
We’ve all been there, oddly enough having no remains after flushing is good, mine seem to fight the flush too often

Its has diamond chips in, to denote their diamond ace pilots, a gold inlay centre piece, denotes trumps Barnet, has witty one liners printed around the edges, a homage to bob hope, who entertained the troops from the battle of the little big horn right up to camp bastion.( British, born in south london) The stem is hollow, and is filled with JD, as a homage to the good old boys back home, and the pin has a musical chip inside, that plays My Way by old blue eyes, as a reminder of the blue on blue fcuk ups so beloved of their DoD. as expected of the American version of the poppy of Flanders fields, all very un-assuming, and laid back. Oh Almost forgot, has the numbers 3&2 printed on the back, the amount of years they were late in two global wars. Apart from all that, everything normal.
Oh go on...... Your pulling my leg..... Stop being silly....

D

Deleted 24582

It is just a little plastic poppie, passed out at certain locations by the Vets trying to raise awareness. But we have two separate days in the year where you folks only do 11-11. The living are honoured in November while the fallen are honoured in May.

D

Deleted 24582

Its not only red, its red, white, and blue, and six inches across, with flashing LED lights around the rim, to remind the lads of Las Vegas. Its has diamond chips in, to denote their diamond ace pilots, a gold inlay centre piece, denotes trumps Barnet, has witty one liners printed around the edges, a homage to bob hope, who entertained the troops from the battle of the little big horn right up to camp bastion.( British, born in south london) The stem is hollow, and is filled with JD, as a homage to the good old boys back home, and the pin has a musical chip inside, that plays My Way by old blue eyes, as a reminder of the blue on blue fcuk ups so beloved of their DoD. as expected of the American version of the poppy of Flanders fields, all very un-assuming, and laid back. Oh Almost forgot, has the numbers 3/4 & 2/5 printed on the back, the amount of years they were late in two global wars. Apart from all that, everything normal.

Bit cynical don't you think? It is just a plain old plastic poppie. But as I have said before perhaps you shouldn't start fights you can't win, and provide assets that your government is to cheap to fund so you are not the constant beggars. Perspectives vary but this bitterness about not being in the starting lineup for YOUR fight are pretty consistent. Remember after WW1 we trusted you lot so much, that War Plan Red was created just in case along with all the other colour coded plans for various nations.

Bit cynical don't you think? It is just a plain old plastic poppie. But as I have said before perhaps you shouldn't start fights you can't win, and provide assets that your government is to cheap to fund so you are not the constant beggars. Perspectives vary but this bitterness about not being in the starting lineup for YOUR fight are pretty consistent. Remember after WW1 we trusted you lot so much, that War Plan Red was created just in case along with all the other colour coded plans for various nations.
Just a bit pi55ie not cynical I reckon.
Anyway just after I left the mob, in the motorcycle club I was a member of, we had a guy from New Jersey as a member. When we all went out as a club on the beer, he'd never turn up till about half an hour before the pub closed (23:00hrs in those days)..... Just saying! :slow:

D

Deleted 24582

Just a bit pi55ie not cynical I reckon.
Anyway just after I left the mob, in the motorcycle club I was a member of, we had a guy from New Jersey as a member. When we all went out as a club on the beer, he'd never turn up till about half an hour before the pub closed (23:00hrs in those days)..... Just saying! :slow:

Well that seems like he either has to fight with the misses to get away, or he is just skint. You know beer drinking with Brits tends to be a thing to avoid for most of us over here. I wouldn't try, I would just surrender beforehand and save myself the embarrassment.

Well that seems like he either has to fight with the misses to get away, or he is just skint. You know beer drinking with Brits tends to be a thing to avoid for most of us over here. I wouldn't try, I would just surrender beforehand and save myself the embarrassment.
Probably he used your excuse, in the 80s drill pushers (what he was) were on seriously silly money off shore and I know he wasn't married.
And its nothing to be ashamed of, we'd just pour you into a taxi and send you home.....

Latest Threads