Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The little things in in life that make your day..?

D

Deleted 24582

As we all read the rather interesting news about world events and the effects on your country, economy, etc (Syria and China for me and Brexit for you lot), what are the little things in life that just make the day that much better? Today I was just informed I received some Jaffa Cakes from our Ex Pat friend/adopted family member! The day has been made and life is that much better! It is rather amazing how the mood can change with something so trivial as a pack of cakes.

Walking out the office and going home

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Humbug Sir, Humbug I tell you!

Just practising as we are just two months away! :party:

D

Deleted 24582

Randomly ban hammering people and waiting in immense excitement for the inevitable flurry of 'WTF' PM's.

The simple joy's....BTW can I have a Red Wax Maker's Mark Seal to instead of the plain old red badge??

I feel like this would be more representative of my self and would further boost my self snowflake self esteem!!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
1. When a tea-bag flares up as you pour the hot water in.

2. When nobody else is around and I let out a "hot one" which lasts for a good 30 minutes or so under the duvet.

3. When said "hot one" isn't liquid.

4. Going to put a jacket on for that first nip in the air, only to find a fiver in the pocket.

5. Similarly, going to put on some jeans / trousers only to find you also have room to squeeze a side of beef down there too.

6. Finding Warsteiner on offer.

7. Looking forward to my next holiday.

8. Waking up in the night and realising it's only 2am and you still have another 4 hours.

9. Looking in the mirror thinking "could be worse".

10. Fresh bedding.

As we all read the rather interesting news about world events and the effects on your country, economy, etc (Syria and China for me and Brexit for you lot), what are the little things in life that just make the day that much better? Today I was just informed I received some Jaffa Cakes from our Ex Pat friend/adopted family member! The day has been made and life is that much better! It is rather amazing how the mood can change with something so trivial as a pack of cakes.
Ah yes, the great ‘is it a cake or a biscuit’ law case in 1991.
It’s a ‘cake’, was the result, so the VAT man lost out.

Getting the right amount of ground coffee into the cafetière for that first cup, and wooshing the handle down just right to get a nice frothy layer of bubbles.

A couple of warm croissants for breakfast.

Early morning walk and being fortunate enough to find a local milf clad in lycra is only 20 metres ahead of me for most of my route.

Waking up at 5.50am having slept through the night.

ugly

LE
Coming to the end of my first week in the new job not having dropped too many howlers and being congratulated by my technical mentor on finding an item missing from the design that exists in reality on the ground!
For howler read no harassment or improper behaviour claims levelled against you!

Added to which I sit next to a colonial cousin who used to Hunt regularly back home in Texas, life is good.

ugly

LE
If only I was asleep long enough to dream about sleeping through the night. Bloody trapped nerve is still giving me gyp.

D

Deleted 24582

Coming to the end of my first week in the new job not having dropped too many howlers and being congratulated by my technical mentor on finding an item missing from the design that exists in reality on the ground!
For howler read no harassment or improper behaviour claims levelled against you!

Added to which I sit next to a colonial cousin who used to Hunt regularly back home in Texas, life is good.

Congrats on the new gig, now tell Texas to man up and bring in some brisket!

D

Deleted 24582

Getting the right amount of ground coffee into the cafetière for that first cup, and wooshing the handle down just right to get a nice frothy layer of bubbles.

A couple of warm croissants for breakfast.

Early morning walk and being fortunate enough to find a local milf clad in lycra is only 20 metres ahead of me for most of my route.

Yes sleeping in, is a nice thing from time to time.

ugly

LE
Congrats on the new gig, now tell Texas to man up and bring in some brisket!
I scored mega points with him pointing him towards the best tasting Burger in Southwark.
The rest needs a slow burn!

ugly

LE
How could it be a biscuit??
Because the tax man then knew he could claim Vat was due (Sales tax) as cakes weren't taxed as snacks but biscuits were.
Or something like that!

D

Deleted 24582

Because the tax man then knew he could claim Vat was due (Sales tax) as cakes weren't taxed as snacks but biscuits were.
Or something like that!

Any way to make a few extra pence I spose.

Latest Threads