The little niggles caused by getting older

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by angular, Jun 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I begin to age, I've noticed a number of little niggles. Chief among those is that the ingrowing hairs in my beard are now white, so I can't see them before they get sore. Someone recently mentioned the impact of blood pressure medication on performance of the old morning broomstick. Does anyone else have any delightful ailments or defects I can look forward to?

I'm not thinking so much of Parkinson's, or double incontinence. I'll let someone else sort those out.

2. All those injuries that you'd got over years ago, come back to haunt you with a vengence! :evil:

3. Arthritic Knees and back pain, in the mornings

4. Yep, with the aches and pains you'll know what the day's weather will be like before you open your curtains.

Memory will fade, which can be a good thing as when you call your partner by the wrong name, you can blame it on your age...

5. My bold. Been on them a year, no adverse effects in the gentleman area so far.....

Why are my ears stealing all the hair from the top of my head?

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's the thought of Alzheimer’s that worries me!

Or should I say

It's the thought of Alzheimer’s that worries me!

7. According to my grandson, my head's on upside down (I have a beard)! :evil:

Sore back, sciatica, sore back, memory loss, sore back, sore knees and ankles (old injury), sore back, ingrowing toenails, sore back (have I said that already?) :?

One blessing of memory loss is that you meet new friends every day. :D

8. I pulled a muscle in my calf walking for the train yesterday morning. Then had to endure the sensation of having a knife slowly turned in my leg muscle for the next 12 hours. Made worse by the fact that I was in a suit and stood around all day at The Royal Hospital.

And when did the rules change? Since when did 15 pints lead to a hangover like this?

It must be age related.

9. The strange fact that you can no longer go from sitting to standing without a sort of low groan.

10. You're lucky! If i do 15 pints now i piss the bed!!

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

When a meal and a decent bottle of wine seems preferable to a night on the lash.

12. The clicking as going up stairs is not the segs in your shoes but your knees.

13. When all your hair starts to migrate south

You need reading glasses most of the time. I started wearing mine on a string around my neck like Larry Grayson. It may look somewhat 'other bus', but at least I can find the buggers/

14. Ah yes, that old chestnut. Adding on to that thought, see if you can sit down at the end of the day without letting out some oral noise that sounds similar to a bagpipe deflating, like a low "Ahhhhhh". Coupled with "thank god for that". 8O :lol:

15. Dont forget Prostate problems, something wonderful to savour