The little girl and the "Brickies"

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by armourer, Oct 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a quick story about the bond formed between a little girl and a group of building workers. It's allegedly true and makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant building plot.

One day Willie Brunsden and a gang of building workers turned up to start building a house on the empty plot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the builders, all with hearts of gold, more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing two pounds in 10p coins.

The little girl took her 'pay' home to her mother who suggested that they take the money she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the cashier was tickled pink listening to the little girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact she had a 'pay packet'. "You must have worked very hard to earn all this" said the bank cashier.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with the men building a big house."

"My goodness gracious," said the cashier, "Will you be working on the house again this week, as well?"

The little girl thought for a moment and said, "I think so. Provided those c*nts at Jewson deliver the f**king bricks.
  2. H3

H3 LE

Great.......... :lol:
  3. very good.. :lol:
  4. Gleaming. :lol:

That cheered me up on a Sh1te friday morning! :wink:
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Similar story and very very true. My brothers and I were pad brats and in Singapore my oldest bro had to go into hospital for a while and was put into the men's ward. No such thing as a sick kids hosp then.

On returning home, at the first meal in the house he turned and asked my mother to pass the f*cking salt. That went down very well with pater and mater.
  6. Epic! Fcukin' epic! :lol: :lol:
  7. Nice bulid up with the spacing :wink: I just PMSL and inhaled a mouthful of tea!Cheers :lol:
  8. Heard a very similar one :

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest
    little lisp, "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees, so that he's
    on her level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabby or a thoft and
    fuwwy bwack wabby or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabby over

She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her little
    knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet
    pyfon weally gives a thit."
  9. he he he :D :D :D :D :D :D
  10. Out-fcuking-standing. Nearly sprayed brew out of my nose.
  11. An oldie, but a goodie.

So nice to know a small child can spend time in the company of strange adult males, and come to no worse harm than a clip around the ear when she goes home with her newly expanded vocabulary...
  12. Classic! :lol:

As a small child my teenager was made to eat with a spoon only as he couldn't pronounce fork.

He'd jump up and down in restaurants shouting 'I WANT A F*CK 'IN KNIFE'! 8O

And monkey has only JUST been allowed to have blackcurrant as he found it a tongue twister and would ask for black c*nt juice.... :roll:

Ah kids, they really would get you hung!