The lingo?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Mordelly, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey. Can someone give me a rundown on the basic meanings of all the military terms like unit, regiment, squadron, battalion, corps etc. All that stuff just seems to go over my head and I can't remember which meaning applies to which word most of the time.

Also, I read somewhere someone said you pronounce Corps as "core". Is that true?

Another unrelated question, you know if someone says like, they're going in for RLC Supplier and they live in the north west of England, is there a certain regiment they're most likely to end up at or could it be any one of a fair few?

Thanks again, Mordelly.
  2. Hmm. You could start here. I'll probably be right behind you looking up "Wah".
  3. lol :lol:
  4. with regards RLC regiment, i see your in the north west of england. not tryin to push you towards anything but 49 para are a cracking bunch, north west as well.
  5. Hey Mordelly,

One thing i've learnt so far in the joining process and reading the forums is that no one will answer your question if you haven't done the research yourself first! There's loads of info about stuff your asking.....I would do your own searching first before you ask, got to show some initiative, or you will get nowhere
  6. Well spotted that man, the thread also has WAH written between the lines :)