the light dragoons.. right for me ?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by adam2012, Mar 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello im new to this and just wanted to know being from leeds which FR regiment in the RAC would be right for me. i noticed the royal dragoon guards recruit from yorkshire but i want an FR regiment, could anyone suggest any?

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The Light Dragoons?

3. the LD? helps if your a cross-dresser and if all your civvy mates are lesbians.........

4. You know, the ones with the light sabres.

• Like Like x 2
  5. What's wrong with The Heavy Dragoons?

6. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Give it a few more years of amalgamations you'll be able to join the Kings and Queens Royal Light Dragoon Guard Hussar Lancer Tank Regiment, or the Household Cavalry.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A few more years? Defence of the Realm being run by Crapita/Group Four by 2016!

8. You might like to check out the covert civilianised branch of the RLC; the AA (always on the front line, a sort of IRF) - they're the fourth emergency service doncha know. ^_~

9. RLC Pioneer or HCAV

10. To the original poster,

Join the Light Dragoons; they are an excellent organisation and as a Yorkshire lad you will fit in with at least half of the Regiment.

I would also suggest that Brigade Reconnaissance Regiments probably have a healthier future than the heavy end of the RAC (as much as it pains me to say it)

Good luck.

PS - I wouldn'y pay much attention to the majority of advice that you will get on here (less mine clearly which is pertinent, accurate and relevant!)

11. thanks nellie for probably the only serious reply, do you know much about them ?

12. I ******* hate dragons.

13. I am working very closely with them at the moment.

They have recruiting guys at the ACIOs in Newcastle, Midlesborough and Hull - if you can get yourself to one of those speak directly to a LD bloke, anyone else will just try and poach you for whatever chip-shop mob they belong to!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ye thanks for that i tried finding out about them in the leeds office and they were no help at all. could you tell me abit about what they do?

15. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Visit The Light Dragoons Regimental Association

If you want to go further back, navigate down to Downloads and find a slack handful of antecedent regimental histories available for free download.