The Light Dragoons in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'RAC' started by TheBigUn, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yorkshire's FINEST!

Well done!

2. yorkshires? aint you forgeting the north east guys

3. Nope, they're all dead proud to be part of Yorkshires Finest too and big up respect to the lot of them! :D

4. dream on

5. Am i missing something here??

I'm pretty sure the Yorkshire regiment is causing mayhem, along with the RIFLES (plus the other county/national units) etc.

Besides which, at the end of the day, they are tankies - the amount of chaps in the 13th/18th Hussars who used to mince around in womens tights on ex!!!!!

UP THE YORKSHIRE REGIMENT!!!!!!

6. Ooooops, my bad, Yorkshire's Finest CAVALRY Regiment!

Tell me, how are things in the Green Wellingtons, er, soz, the Yorkshire Regiment :wink:

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

What I found unnerving was how many uncommon names there were on the B Sqn LD role of honour at the end which were the names of people who were B Sqn 15/19H during my day. Not Smith, Jones, Robinson either, but names I have never heard outside of 15/19H.

Are the Guards (see sweat-shirts in the vids. did any 13/18H squadron nicknames get carried forward to LD or are they all former 15/19H names) entirely populated by the sons of the people I served with?

8. Last time I looked it was all ex 15/19H Sqn names, I think "The Windies" has gone to the dogs but Empire,Guards,Legion and The enemy are still around

9. I thought the same thing about the roll of honour, but surely to god Boris couldn't still be a Tpr! and i'm positive Jimmy was at least a lance jack when I left yonks ago.

10. pmsl.

only teasing.

H.

11. It would appear mate that there are still some peope around who think the 13/18th still exsists under the name LD and that the 15/19th faded away, I wonder if they escaped from Netley before it closed down.

12. Now, now boys, play nicely. The 13/18 v 15/19 thing is sooooooooo 15 Years ago :D :D

13. You would be surprised at the number of sons of....that are at RD today

14. in South Yorkshire, most people have adopted the Light Dragoons, (a great regiment) rather than cling to the "old" 13th/18th. They have also adopted the RDG.

strangely though, despite the massive publicity of the Yorkshire Regiment, most people still cling to GH/DWR/PWO- although this amalgamation is relatively recent, and will surely change in time.

H.