The Leveson Inquiry

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Nov 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

"Coogan now has the court laughing twice talking about an interview with XXXXX XXXXXX in GQ in January 2006. It was reprinted recently to mark the release of Alan Partridge's memoirs.

The interview was conducted in an "excruciatingly trendy" venue in Soho recalls Coogan.

Huge laughter as Coogan points out, deadpan: "He chose the venue."

Coogan says he felt the interview was "a little" intrusive "but it's Xxxxx Xxxxxx, so it's what you expect when he interviews you".

Jay suggests it might be because Xxxxxx is charming or "something else".

Coogan says, deadpan again: "Something else.""

Stolen with pride from the Grauniad

Would anyone like to guess who "Xxxxx Xxxxxx" is? I'll give you a clue he's a reknowned friend of the forces and you all think very highly of him

I may have lied in the last bit.
  2. Piers Morgan.
  3. Mr_Fingerz

In one.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Looks as if the vast majority of the third estate are going to.come out of this badly.

The Mail did themselves no favours bad mouthing Hugh Grant's testimony yesterday, and then claiming that they had no right of reply. Ironic really given their treatment of individuals who want the same thing when the Mail has published untruths.

The McCanns are up to give evidence tomorrow afternoon, and they're already being maligned by sockpuppets on twitter.
  5. I take it that Third Estate actually means Fourth Estate.

Apologies for pedantic bastardry.
  6. Mr_Fingerz

You're right, I'm wrong. I put it down to the lack of caffeine and/or beer.

Still, it'll be fun and games at the inquiry tomorrow.

If you get bored google #womanontheleft.
  7. Mr_Fingerz

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sorry,have to disagree.

When the likes of that 4th rate actor (?),Grant makes an accusation,regarding phone tapping,and then it turns out that the source is one of his bum buddies,after a bit of money,I'm not surprised that the Mail,went for his bollocks.

The "phone tapping" he alluded to,was the birth of his kid,by some eurasian bird,it was leaked three weeks after the birth,the Mail on Sunday phoned up for confirmation and were fucked off,and decided to print it anyway,he maintains that they were into his phone,and the phone calls started the day after,if he is so certain he's got a case,take the paper to court,otherwise,he should just **** off and get another hooker to suck his dick.:nod:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr_Fingerz

For those that may be interested, the McCanns are up before Levenson now.
  10. Watching Hugh Grant buying season tickets to the hypocrisy bus is comedy gold.

His ONLY problem with the media is their bad habit out outing his very sordid proclivity for $20 crack whores like Divine Brown.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mr_Fingerz

It has been announced that our mutual friend (Mr P Morgan Esq. Former "Newspaper" Editor of this parish) will be appearing before the Inquiry.

I don't know if he volunteered, or if he was voluntold.
  12. Sorry guys I tend to disagree here. If you read the full testimony I think it contains some valid points.

In full: Witness Statement of Hugh Grant - Press - Media - The Independent

Or the shortened version:

Christina Patterson: It's our obsession with celebrity that's on trial - Christina Patterson - Commentators - The Independent

The excesses of the media should be curtailed by some form of law, if that law exists then why was it not enforced at an early stage in the investigation.

Re the Devine Brown thing:

6. The most remembered was the press attention that followed my arrest in Los Angeles in July 1995 for having an encounter with a prostitute in a car. The ensuing press storm was intense, but I have no real complaint about it, and it is emphatically not the reason why I campaign about abuses of the press. I did the crime, was caught, and the thing was a matter of public record.

Regardless of how it is done the excesses of the press need to be curtailed, if for nothing else but for the sake of accurate news

13. I agree,there are lots of valid points,in both his statements,I have always wondered how the arbiter of the phrase "In the public interest",reaches his conclusion,and have also maintained that the reason for salacious headlines,and editorials is purely to increase sales,and not to keep the public informed!

But,I still stand by my statement vis-a-vis the Daily Mails response to Hugh Grants accusation, why should he be able to make a statement with no proof being offered,and not allow a rebuttal by the Daily Mail.

People like Grant,and today Sienna Miller,actively seek publicity,but on their own terms,what is telling so far is,the numbers of the "celebrities" involved is so low,maybe it's because the real celebrities,always keep a low profile where their friends,and family are concerned,secure in the knowledge that they have talent,and don't have to prove how popular they are !
  14. Not sure if this has already been posted (I have searched the site) but,,,Watching Leveson today Max Mosley stated that Paul Dacre is entitled to his opinions,,However I do not agree with him (Mosley) because Dacre is on a major moral crusade against anyone who views their own sex life as private,this crusade to me is wrong,because as long as nothing illegal is taking place then a persons sex life has nothing to do with anyone else....

Paul Dacre, Abuse and Defamation – Angry Mob
  15. I'm going to catch up on the Sienna Miller session later on. After the missus has gone to bed.