Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The less important SPOTy, Tyson tells the BBC to stick it

philc

LE
Seems Tyson Fury has asked the Beeb to drop him from the poll, does not need their fawning, he knows and his fans know.

Fair play to him.

Sadly whilst we are in agreement about Hamilton's personal qualities I suspect he'll win it, it's not as though the competition is particularly strong anyway.
I was a big fan. Once.
Ok, so he now has the record, so fair fucks to him.
He is still a gobby tosspot.
Maybe he should take up ski-ing?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
not voting for Hamilton will be racist anyway

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

philc

LE
OR Like Lewis Hamilton, he realised how many folk think he's a mouthy cnut and won't vote for him?

Alternatively he does not want to mix with ubber Woke and appear hypocritical, name a Heavyweight boxer that was not mouthy? Goes with the job.

OR Like Lewis Hamilton, he realised how many folk think he's a mouthy cnut and won't vote for him?

That might work if SPOTY worked on a one person one vote basis, but I seem to recall reading that the judges' votes are worth much more than a viewers, as per many other BBC participation shows.

Funnily enough in 2018 the BBC also ceased to publish the amount of votes that each SPOTY nominee received in total.

A paranoid person might think that Joe Stalin was correct when he said 'it's not who votes that counts, it who counts the votes that counts'.

A man who penalised himself financially when, on principle, he said he would no longer commentate on boxing matches because of the absurd hype.
He also stumped up, sold one/more of his Lonsdale belts, when Lloyds called on The Names to cough up. Unlike some of the greedy sods, who whinged because they lost everything. I seem to remember it was the first time in 300 years The Names were called on. Henry wouldn't have been any good as a politician, he had integrity.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads