The Last Post

Just re-read that bit again about MOD/Crown copyright etc and I reckon that the hired "expert" is trying to get in his defence before the 5hit starts hittting the fan. As to the copyright etc, I have no doubt it exists and but covers the production the items. If you buy Land Rover the owners of that company must have some kind of copyright but Land Rovers still appeared in the program.

The RHQ RMP issued a note to members via newsletters and Facebook etc letting us know that they had offered free advice during the prep and making of this show but were rejected. They preferred to stick to the ‘expert’ they hired. Hopefully he’ll never work again.
IF (and it's a big if)there is a second series,the generally poor reviews, the steady drop in viewing figures,and the slating it got on arrse,MIGHT make the BBC make a better attempt next time.But I'm not holding my breath.

The truth of the matter, it is cheaper to make your own cap badges than it is to buy them from Silvermans...
That may be true but RMP cap badges are only £3.50 on ebay (whatever that is).

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The truth of the matter, it is cheaper to make your own cap badges than it is to buy them from Silvermans...
But props are tax deductible.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I bet this programme picks up all sorts of Luvvies Awards, even though the comments (or should that be "especially because") have been somewhat negative, combined with dropping viewing figures.

Coincidentally I tried watching an absolutely dire film recently, called 'Tank 432' (yup, the 'tank' was an APC). One of the lead characters was played by the same chap who played the young RMP captain. He must be drawn to crap, militarily inaccurate productions.

Last edited:
Coincidentally I tried watching an absolutely dire film recently, called 'Tank 432' (yup, the 'tank was an APC). One of the lead characters was played by the same chap who played the young RMP captain. He must be drawn to crap, militarily inaccurate productions.
Coincidentally I tried watching an absolutely dire film recently, called 'Tank 432' (yup, the 'tank was an APC). One of the lead characters was played by the same chap who played the young RMP captain. He must be drawn to crap, militarily inaccurate productions.
Sandhurst failed?

So not worth watching then? Even as something to distract yourself? I only just came across this series..
If only for the lead actress...and a very hefty suspension of disbelief when you realise the entire colony seems to be the AOR of a single RMP company...who needs infantry? Send the monkeys on patrol!

So not worth watching then? Even as something to distract yourself? I only just came across this series..
Don't waste your time,mate.
I know it was a 'drama' ,but as far as the military stuff went,there was just no effort. The military advisor was a never served civilian. They couldnt even be bothered to get the cap badges right.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Don't waste your time,mate.
I know it was a 'drama' ,but as far as the military stuff went,there was just no effort. The military advisor was a never served civilian. They couldnt even be bothered to get the cap badges right.
They got that lovely brunette 'Bit of stuff' right that was placing it about, I never saw anything like that in Aden!