The Last Of Us.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't bother asking why, don't read reviews, don't do anything at all but buy it.

You won't regret it (if you have a PS3).
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm seriously thinking of buying a PS3 so I can play this.
    I just don't know how I can pass it past the wife.
    "Hey babe, the cat's no longer hunting rabbits instead it's going for electrical goods!"
  3. Only PS3?
  4. It's a PS3 exclusive mate.
  5. I'm hopefully getting it on rental from Lovefilm in the next day or so.
  6. **** it. I bought it yesterday.
    Only played a couple of hours into the early hours this morning, so far but it's very good.

Apparently taking on 6 armed guys with only 5 bullets for your pistol and a length of 4x2 is not the most tactically sound of ideas.
  7. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

what he said
  8. Surely its only PS3 exclusive until PS4 arrives....
  9. And what did you make me do?
  10. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Shhh, it'll all blow over before long. I didn't *make* you do anything, it was just a strong suggestion! :)
  11. And now I'll chuck the cat amongst the pigeons by saying... If you can rent it, rent it.

It's fabulous looking, the best console game out there by.... Some distance.
    It has a depth of story and characterisation that is unrivalled in gaming, it's at least comparable with serious cinema.

It's short. I'd say about 15 hours of play will kill it off for most players.
    It's linear. You're pretty much on rails, there's no side quests, no meta games, nothing but the main story. some of the maps are very big and you can spend as much time as you like exploring.... But the exploration of the map is all there is.
    Will not expand so as to avoid spoilers, but unless you're the kind of gamer who has to win all the trophies/awards in a game... Replay value is very limited IMO.

It is still a superb gaming experience, I just think once the hype and the initial "wow" factor of seeing something so good looking on screen dies down, this title will get some more... Balanced... Reviews.

Go onto a PS gaming site now and dare to suggest that this isn't the greatest video game title in history and you'll just get abuse, no discussion.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2