The Last Bond Film???

So, it has been, doubtless tactically, let slip to the media that in next years to be released Bond film our hero played by Mr Craig comes out of retirement for a final mission.

The double 0 designation 007 has been handed off to a woman since Bond retired, how the **** is this going to play out for future films. You watch 007 because Bond is 007.

Apparently they decided that with the audience of today that they should be going for a more correct, fluffy, cuddly, equal opportunity type character as 007. Personally, I think that it is a badly calculated and thought out decision. I have been watching Bond at the cinema since Thunderball came out, both my kids have been watching Mr Craig as Bond since he stepped into the role, we watch the films because they are what they are - I lost interest a bit with Brosnan. People watch 007 precisely because the character is a womanising, irreverant, gentlemanly bastard.

I think they'll be sorry, it would be like making Mary Poppins a man.

You may be able to maintain the story line with a female lead, but you can't have a Jane Bond. The concept just won't work, I'm not saying that women cannot be sexually manipulative and psychopathic as Ian Fleming's James Bond, but we (the public) are still not liberated enough to accept it:

Men = sexual gods. Women = sluts.

A good example of his callus attitude is in (IIRC) Dr No, when he blackmails a female bad guy into sex in the pretence of not handing her over to the authorities, then hands her over to the police afterwards.

I believe that Ian Fleming himself stated that James Bond is just as likely to hold a woman's head under the water than to dive in and save her.

TamH70

MIA
You may be able to maintain the story line with a female lead, but you can't have a Jane Bond. The concept just won't work, I'm not saying that women cannot be sexually manipulative and psychopathic as Ian Fleming's James Bond, but we (the public) are still not liberated enough to accept it:

Men = sexual gods. Women = sluts.

A good example of his callus attitude is in (IIRC) Dr No, when he blackmails a female bad guy into sex in the pretence of not handing her over to the authorities, then hands her over to the police afterwards.

I believe that Ian Fleming himself stated that James Bond is just as likely to hold a woman's head under the water than to dive in and save her.
You can't have a Jane Bond? Chris Brookmyre would like to have a word with you, as his character, Jane Fleming, in his book "All Fun And Games Until Someone Loses An Eye", handily out-Bonded the last era of 007 in one book.

All Fun and Games until Somebody Loses an Eye - Wikipedia

That that book never made it into a film when the script of "SPECTRE" did is really criminal.

You can't have a Jane Bond? Chris Brookmyre would like to have a word with you, as his character, Jane Fleming, in his book "All Fun And Games Until Someone Loses An Eye", handily out-Bonded the last era of 007 in one book.

All Fun and Games until Somebody Loses an Eye - Wikipedia

That that book never made it into a film when the script of "SPECTRE" did is really criminal.
I have to admit it that I have not read it. So I take it that she shags her way across the country?

I believe that you have not read my post correctly. I've not said that you can't have a strong woman lead in a spy or action film, just that you cannot make the character of James Bond a woman.

i stayed up to watch Tomorrow never Dies… enjoyed it for it was second outing for Pierce RN get a mention Joe Don provides comic relief and of course stereotypical boche gets to bond with 007

Jesus. That means a bird behind the wheel of the DB5. It will end in tears...

So instead of Pussy Galore, Plenty O’Toole, Xenia Onatopp and Holly Goodhead, Bond’s male conquests could be named accordingly, perhaps:

Buck Nekkid
Penis De Milo
Harry Hotfist
Hung Lo
Ronald McFondled
Rocco Lefelche
Lance Hardwood
Squirt Reynolds
Dick B. Swellin

The list is endless.....:lol:

Maybe he's called out of retirement to get a big spider out of the bath for Jane Bond?

Well, she will never get into Blades, as she's a woman (imagine having a London Club called 'Blades', very apt)!

However, M is no longer female, her being killed off at the end of Skyfall. So we will be back to the old patriarchy, the boss is a bloke!

Well, she will never get into Blades, as she's a woman (imagine having a London Club called 'Blades', very apt)!

However, M is no longer female, her being killed off at the end of Skyfall. So we will be back to the old patriarchy, the boss is a bloke!
It’s Amon Goeth! :omfg:

EDD8C5AA-7BC4-4328-9D3F-777580B48117.jpeg

Female James Bond = worst ever performing film in the franchise.

It seems lazy, cynical and anti-feminist to plug a female into a role / format made famous by male actors - it’s like admitting that a new, original spy film with a female lead would be a flop.
Just another example of politically correct idiots dragging the horse to water!

Last edited:
So, it has been, doubtless tactically, let slip to the media that in next years to be released Bond film our hero played by Mr Craig comes out of retirement for a final mission.

The double 0 designation 007 has been handed off to a woman since Bond retired, how the **** is this going to play out for future films. You watch 007 because Bond is 007.

Apparently they decided that with the audience of today that they should be going for a more correct, fluffy, cuddly, equal opportunity type character as 007. Personally, I think that it is a badly calculated and thought out decision. I have been watching Bond at the cinema since Thunderball came out, both my kids have been watching Mr Craig as Bond since he stepped into the role, we watch the films because they are what they are - I lost interest a bit with Brosnan. People watch 007 precisely because the character is a womanising, irreverant, gentlemanly bastard.

I think they'll be sorry, it would be like making Mary Poppins a man.
I'd just like to say...

Ghostbusters 2016

Carry on.

So instead of Pussy Galore, Plenty O’Toole, Xenia Onatopp and Holly Goodhead, Bond’s male conquests could be named accordingly, perhaps:

Buck Nekkid
Penis De Milo
Harry Hotfist
Hung Lo
Ronald McFondled
Rocco Lefelche
Lance Hardwood
Squirt Reynolds
Dick B. Swellin

The list is endless.....:lol:
You forgot the best one... Roger Moore

Female James Bond = worst ever performing film in the franchise.

It seems lazy, cynical and anti-feminist to plug a female into a role / format made famous by male actors - it’s like admitting that a new, original spy film with a female lead would be a flop.
The ridiculous thing is though that Atomic Blonde prooved that it can be done, and it can be done incredibly well.
It is simple box ticking, and like most PC ideals and projects, it will be shit and ruin something just so they can say that they 'did the right thing'.