The Last ‘Fan Dance’?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumrunner, Jul 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tourist camera sharpshooters drive SAS out of training area

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2261780,00.html

I blame Ultimate Farce and Henno :wink:

2. Excellent, they can use Canada..BATUS is very like Iraq - especially in the burning heat of summer!!

3. Why don't they just have troops putting the place off limits during training days?

Or is training that constant on it that that would be impossible.

4. cause its national park and not MOD land
    plenty of mountins in porridge wog land being underused :twisted:

5. I remeber driving through the Brecon Beacons a few weeks ago and I could see a line of blokes walking up Pen Y Fan, I must admit I pulled the car over so that I could watch them for a cuople of minutes.
    I suppose I was just curious and stopped to watch.
    I hope that it wasn't my fault that thye've had to move to Scotland! that's going to be a real pain in the neck having to drivea 4 tonner from Hereford to the Cairngorns every day!!

6. Cheers brighton, I did think that it would probably be unfeasible.

7. The average 'civvie' couldn't tell the difference between between the real McCoy & the guys on SCBC/PSBC or (some of the people at) Sennybridge. Having said that the Cairngorns are more remote (& fkin COLD) & you're less likely to see anyone!

8. Apart from the midges....

9. Give three cheers for the Highland clearances! English foriegn policy at its best.

10. Can't used Scotland or Wales for selection.... after independence they will both be used as impact areas for MLRS and thermobarics.