The Land of NoR (NORSIM)

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Minxy, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Welcome to the Land of NoR! We are a vast Roleplay and Combat Multi-SIM community, where you immerse yourself in the living story that takes place during the War of the Armageddon (WOTA). If you are new, please visit our Community Center for orientation and speak to one of the NoR Mentors. In addition, visit our website www.landofnor.com, and join our Second Life groups: (search “The Land of NoR (NORSIM)”, “NoR Chatterbugs” & "WARPS Support Group"). The most up to date and controlling rules will be available on the website. We currently use the WARPS (Warfare and Roleplay System) Engine. A free system, that can be found at several vendors throughout NoR.

NOTICE: * The Land Of NoR is based in Mature SIMs (presently 16) and involves mature subject matter. By the Second Life Terms of Service and our own rules, you must be 18 years or older to be in our game.

(Above taken from NORsim wiki)

http://www.landofnor.com/norwiki/index.php/NoR_Rules_And_Regulations

Blurb from me:-
    Please note NORSIM is a combat heavy sim, however, it also has rules and regulations that must be adhered to.
    Rule infractions cost our playerbase in some cases, dearly, in xp, in extreme situations their character sheets are deleted.

If you arrive without a meter and rule break you WILL be ejected, you could also be labelled a griefer, perma banned and AR'd. (rules and combat system can be found at several vendors thoughout NOR)

It is in your interest and the interest of our established player base that you read and adhere to our rules before entering the sims.

P.S Freebie weapons are free for a reason, for the most part they are badly made and contain crap scripts -we dont allow them!

(In short, I know we get quite a few from RnR over on NORSIM. Im going to be pissed if I have to ban anyone from ARRSE(RnR)! If you need a copy of the rules for NORSIM on RnR, then please ask.)

2. So you're saying that the freebie weapons I give out are crap??

LOL... I also sell good ones in the store, WARPS-ready. Ask around before buying though; there are no refunds due to the fact that these products are no-transfer.

Discount applies for ARRSE members, BTW...

Good to see you here again, Minxy

3. Im saying freebie weapons in general are crap. Most weapons will work with the variety of combat systems on SL. NOR isnt alone, as far as Iam aware most of the large RP/Combat sims dont allow freebie weapons, Im sure most of the smaller ones don't either.

Most people use: 80m/s, rate of fire 0.001 seconds. Usually set on training or RP rounds. (depending on weapon - but for the most part its RP rounds)

Weapons stacking is a big no-no, anything more than two weapons is considered weapons stacking.

*blinks* Get all that?

If in doubt ask an Admin or contact the weapons czar's on NOR! (Bizarre Obscure, Lanceifer Graf)

Edited to add: Currently, ATek Weapons are completely WARPS compatible and NoR made. These are highly recommended, rule friendly and NoR approved.

:wink:

4. OnD is a quasi-military faction operating in NoR, boasting 3 Arrsers among it's ranks so far. We're mostly male terrans, and are noted for violence, drunkenness, crap dancing, and general all round arrogance.

If that sounds like your sort of scene then IM Bert Trenchcoat in world, and we'll get you trained up and in.

5. Does quasi mean you all have the hump?