The LACK of an anti-Muslim backlash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cold_Collation, Jun 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

"What the data broadly show, in short, is that Drummer Rigby’s killers have failed. The breakdown in community relations has not come. There has been a rise in incidents, but it appears to be very short-term, overwhelmingly non-violent and even then almost entirely at the lower end of the scale."

The truth about the 'wave of attacks on Muslims’ after Woolwich murder - Telegraph

Heartening. But also shows how some people's agendas/assertions are accepted without question.
  2. Got to separate the ordinary hard working peaceful Moslem from the radical Moslem and those using Islamist ideals as a political tool.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Probably also need to make the distinction between the average citizen and the average ARRSEr. The two are not equal.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. £214,000 a year? Nice work if you can get it....
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Send them your CV.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Perhaps this means that the majority of the population have more sense than I've ever given them credit for. Who knew?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The citizens (most of them) of the UK are far to clever to fall for the attempt to cause religious mayhem (which is what the Muslim Extremists desire) on the streets of British Towns.They (Extremists) thrive on publicity and only the Media (who lap it up) and the thicko Far Right along with the Anti Facist groups are prepared to provide the oxygen they (Extremists) crave.

Best to just be vigilant and get on with your life and never let them achieve the chaos they are desperate to create.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Personally I think it's because most of the British public just couldn't care less as long as it doesn't directly affect them or their loved ones. Life goes on.
    • Like Like x 32
  9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

A bit of that, plus the fact that, ultimately, despite some people's political agendas and assertions to the contrary, this country is actually pretty racially tolerant.

It's just a shame we let some people take the piss.
    • Like Like x 7
  10. England has been a multi-cultural country since before the Dark Ages.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Plus it wasn't on Eastenders.
    • Like Like x 4

12. I agree...

13. Multiculturalism is a farce and has segregated us, we were never multicultural, we absorbed other cultures and made parts of them our own.
    • Like Like x 10
  14. I'm just pleased that the campaign to boycott Morrisons didn't take off.

They do a mighty fine selection of cream cakes.
    • Like Like x 1