The LACK of an anti-Muslim backlash

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
"What the data broadly show, in short, is that Drummer Rigby’s killers have failed. The breakdown in community relations has not come. There has been a rise in incidents, but it appears to be very short-term, overwhelmingly non-violent and even then almost entirely at the lower end of the scale."

The truth about the 'wave of attacks on Muslims’ after Woolwich murder - Telegraph

Heartening. But also shows how some people's agendas/assertions are accepted without question.

S

seanjo

Got to separate the ordinary hard working peaceful Moslem from the radical Moslem and those using Islamist ideals as a political tool.

Probably also need to make the distinction between the average citizen and the average ARRSEr. The two are not equal.

Perhaps this means that the majority of the population have more sense than I've ever given them credit for. Who knew?

The citizens (most of them) of the UK are far to clever to fall for the attempt to cause religious mayhem (which is what the Muslim Extremists desire) on the streets of British Towns.They (Extremists) thrive on publicity and only the Media (who lap it up) and the thicko Far Right along with the Anti Facist groups are prepared to provide the oxygen they (Extremists) crave.

Best to just be vigilant and get on with your life and never let them achieve the chaos they are desperate to create.

Personally I think it's because most of the British public just couldn't care less as long as it doesn't directly affect them or their loved ones. Life goes on.

Personally I think it's because most of the British public just couldn't care less as long as it doesn't directly affect them or their loved ones. Life goes on.
A bit of that, plus the fact that, ultimately, despite some people's political agendas and assertions to the contrary, this country is actually pretty racially tolerant.

It's just a shame we let some people take the piss.

I'm just pleased that the campaign to boycott Morrisons didn't take off.

They do a mighty fine selection of cream cakes.

and understandably so.

We don't live in societies or communities anymore. We're just individuals cutting about our business.

Whether or not this is a good thing I don't know but I definitely remember the names of most of my neighbours when we were kids and now I only know the ones either side.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

and understandably so.

We don't live in societies or communities anymore. We're just individuals cutting about our business.

Whether or not this is a good thing I don't know but I definitely remember the names of most of my neighbours when we were kids and now I only know the ones either side.

I think that's because people have become more transient these days. There's no point in me learning my neighbours' faces and names if they'll be moving out within a short period to be replaced with others who will themselves only be living there a couple of years at most.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
and understandably so.

Maybe that's because your parents were nicer people than you.

Where you live is a huge factor. I certainly live in a community. Rammy is a large (ish) village, few thousand people.

I spent a year in Burnley and never really made any mates, never spoke to my (Asian) neighbours, hardly went to the pub because they were all shit. It was ****ing miserable.

Contrast this with Rammy where I know most people on my street, exchange xmas cards with my neighbours, always meet people to say hello to when I go into the village, know most people when I go to the pub... I've almost got too many mates. I even know all the Tesco staff by name.

Fella I know who grew up here had a heart attack last year and recieved 652 get well cards. Another well known chap died and 1200 people turned out for his funeral. He wasn't even that popular, the pissed up git. I haven't even seen my door key for a couple of months, let alone bothered locking my door. No-one is going to rob me because I know everyone and I'd find out who did it. Haven't got anything to nick anyway.

Maybe that's because your parents were nicer people than you.

Where you live is a huge factor. I certainly live in a community. Rammy is a large (ish) village, few thousand people.

I spent a year in Burnley and never really made any mates, never spoke to my (Asian) neighbours, hardly went to the pub because they were all shit. It was ****ing miserable.

Contrast this with Rammy where I know most people on my street, exchange xmas cards with my neighbours, always meet people to say hello to when I go into the village, know most people when I go to the pub... I've almost got too many mates. I even know all the Tesco staff by name.

Fella I know who grew up here had a heart attack last year and recieved 652 get well cards. Another well known chap died and 1200 people turned out for his funeral. He wasn't even that popular, the pissed up git. I haven't even seen my door key for a couple of months, let alone bothered locking my door. No-one is going to rob me because I know everyone and I'd find out who did it. Haven't got anything to nick anyway.
You are Pop Larkin and I claim my £5.