the korean war ended this month

Surely, "the ceasefire began" rather than "the war ended"?

for some the "war ended" and for others the "cease fire" began..depends on your view i suppose
For the Koreans, the war is still very much on so I'd tend to go with that view. It's their war, after all.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
for some the "war ended" and for others the "cease fire" began..depends on your view i suppose
Or you could just be historically accurate, and accept that the war is still (technically) on-going.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Always a good way to wind an ulster rifleman up just mention the glorious glosters.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1845135334/?tag=armrumser-21 recently read this. Beforehand id never really given much thought to the war. I didn't really understand what those men went through. But now I really think their story should play a greater part in the country s' collective military conscience. Some hard hard men in that brigade. Total respect to all involved.

To Big Bill VC, Busty DCM, Big Geordie DCM, John Pender MM, Pat Devenny MM., John Common MM., Wee Geordie Grant BEM., Colonel Tadman DSO, Major Philip Harrison DSO, Major Robertson-McLeod DSO MC., Lt Purvis DSO., and all the other Borderers who fought so valiantly in that far off land - especially those who didn't return - you're not forgotten.

During their 16 month tour in Korea 1/KOSB were awarded 1 VC, 5 DSOs, 5 MCs, 4 DCMs (now known as the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross), 12 MMs (now known as the MC), 24 MiDs, 1 BEM.

66 KIA, 2 DoW, 227 WIA, 44 Missing.

XXV