• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The Korean Invasion

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Their main staple is kimchee - it's like Sauerkraut with chillis - lots of them. P J O'Rourke described its "aroma" as permeating every thread and fibre of their environment. Perhaps promisingly, I've not smelt anything like kimchee from our next-door neighbour.
Ah the joys of kimchee... My last year at uni I was sharing a flat with a (South) Korean (and a Bubble, two Chinese and a Nicaraguan exile who had been raised in New York. Fucking united nations...). I tried the kimchee and the horror of it is still with me. Equally vile was the pickled yellow raddish thing. It was pickled in so much salt I felt like all the moisture in my head had been sucked out by the one piece of shitty presered veg in the seconds before I could swallow it.

But they do eat many Koreans, hopefully.
I'm really sorry, but everytime I see your username, I still want to shout MULE TRAIN!!!!! Heeeeeya.

WTF is "gangnam style"? Have I missed a cultural cue or something?
I don't know either. It's either some music or a dance or both, by some (possibly obese) Korean. It has crossed my mind to find out what it is in more detail, but TBH I seriously doubt that the knowledge would make me any happier.

I think that Gangham Style, along with what Lady Gaga's music (my mental index-card for her reads, American, bacon frock, Assange photo-op) sounds like, and who Lily Allen is (may or may not sound like Amy Winehouse), and what films Angelina Jolie has made (American, collects multicoloured children) will remain in my Bumper Book of Don't Care for the foreseeable future.

I don't know either. It's either some music or a dance or both, by some (possibly obese) Korean. It has crossed my mind to find out what it is in more detail, but TBH I seriously doubt that the knowledge would make me any happier.

I think that Gangham Style, along with what Lady Gaga's music (my mental index-card for her reads, American, bacon frock, Assange photo-op) sounds like, and who Lily Allen is (may or may not sound like Amy Winehouse), and what films Angelina Jolie has made (American, collects multicoloured children) will remain in my Bumper Book of Don't Care for the foreseeable future.
Someone won't be happy.

[video=youtube;HgqD826HGuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqD826HGuI[/video]

Oh, I remember them. Claire Grogan, right?

It was shit.
I'm not here to be nasty, I am here to give everyone a big slug hug and make them feel safe with their sexuality.

You've shit it.

Been minesweeping Ord_Sgt's empties again, eh?
I got married to Ord 5 years ago. You should really keep up. He's in hospital at the moment.

It's OK, I'll be here all night, try the veal. The coffee's shit though.

I banged a Korean bird when I worked at my old firm. She was five foot and a fag end tall with fantastic tits and screamed the fucking house down five minutes into proceedings and I was chuffed to fuck so turned up the tempo to see if I could make her break windows.

it wasn't until she started slapping me hard on the back that I stopped and she explained that her hair was caught in my watch strap and I'd pulled a fuck load of her hair out.

Apparently laughing my arse off wasn't the response she was looking for. No sense of humour those dog chompers.

WTF is "gangnam style"? Have I missed a cultural cue or something?
Gangnam is the Sloanie (Sloan Square/Yuppy) area of Seoul.

I apologise to you all for knowing this.

Do keep up...

I got married to Ord 5 years ago. You should really keep up. He's in hospital at the moment.

It's OK, I'll be here all night, try the veal. The coffee's shit though.
Oooooh I fuckin love veal, with red wine, 2+ bottles of and some in the sauce, then my Gout goes off.

Apparently the Koreans found that too so they eat starved puppy, it has a superior taste to Veal and doesnt cause Gout, they may be scummy dog eating yank loving slinty eyed shitbags, but they found a cure for my love of gout and hate of dogs....wait I love dogs and hate gout and love veal....

Damn you South Korea....fuck, ive got work tomorrow, that will be fun.