The Korean Invasion

So my girlfriend, lovely and wonderful as she is ( she reads my posts :p) has just got onto this Gangnam style thing, an internet video that has attracted half a billion viewers to date, and just keeps getting more,and she loves it to bits! does anyone think this is the start of the korean invasion of music to our generally beer-swilling and farting culture? Any opinions on the Koreans? (North or south).

Perhaps the final showdown on the radioactive plain will be tongue and groove battle between Korea's finest? I've been on the internet you know...

I recall P.J. O'Rourke praising their ability to riot.

I tend to think of Koreans as the oriental version of Americans. Loud, tasteless and generally vulgar.

I'm pretty sure I've read that the South Korean Marines were very highly thought of (by both sides) in the Vietnam conflict.

I'm pretty sure I've read that the South Korean Marines were very highly thought of (by both sides) in the Vietnam conflict.
They were, but just because they were good at their job doesn't mean that I have to like them.

I doubt they were very highly thought of by many Vietnamese - didn't they have the rather unfortunate habit of killing everything that moved and didn't a lot of villages spontaneously combust when they were around?

I doubt they were very highly thought of by many Vietnamese - didn't they have the rather unfortunate habit of killing everything that moved and didn't a lot of villages spontaneously combust when they were around?
True. Not the best wording in my post perhaps.

That's Australians.
Quite possibly. However, Koreans have had so much American 'culture' rammed down their throats that they carry out their awfulness with an American accent.

[video=youtube;kMi7Jkay0fY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMi7Jkay0fY[/video]