Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Acid_Tin, Dec 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Kings' Lancashire Border Regiment?

Are you kidding me?????? :(
  2. What others do we now have ?
  3. 'Royal Regiment of Scotland'

4. I'll wager they will not be queing around the block to join this soul-less hybrid.

Poor buggers. Imagine being joined at the hip to a Scouser. Damn shame the KORBR did not say "Feck it, we'll lay up the colours at Carlisle, and go into "suspended animation" a la Yorks and Lancs."
  5. Exactly which border to Lancashire is it refering to???
  6. Shafted by the Yorkshire mafia i think!! What a mess.
  7. Found it. Official word is at
    Looks like we have:

The Yorkshire Regiment (Duke of Wellington's, Green Howards, Prince of Wales Own)
    The Royal Welsh (Royal Regiment of Wales and The Royal Welch Fusiliers)
    The Mercian Regiment (Cheshire Regiment, The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters, The Staffordshire Regiment)
  8. At last, we can now have 'The Prince of Wales's Own Green Wellingtons'
  9. *GUFFAW* :D

Get a copyright notice on that Queensman , I suspect it might be in the tabloids shortly :D
  10. Will the 3rd Battallion The Rifles become the 'Trifles'?
  11. The 3 lucky winners will become The Yorkshire Regiment. Their TA Companies, all 6, will join together to form the 4th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment, or 4 Yorks.

Which is what at least 4 of my friends in E&WRR were in before the change to 3DWR!
  12. KLBR?

No, it is going to be DLR - Duke of Lancasters Regiment.
  13. JB

JB Clanker

DLR? Docklands Light Railway? What, you mean like the train that has nobody driving it?