The Kirk says aye to Gay Ministers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Fang_Farrier, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. I'm surprised the Frees allow God into the Kirk, what with him having a Jewish son and all.

• Like Like x 3
  3. And born on a Sunday.

4. I was amused by George McDonald Fraser's assertion that he reckoned that his Kirk-going granny probably kept a close eye on God to make sure that he wasn't granting salvation to Catholics or wee free's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well that's about a third of them out of the closet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They'd probably let him off on that one. They're allowed 'works of necessity and mercy'.

So long as he hadn't enjoyed himself during the conception, he should be ok.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

As a Quaker I watch this with interest. "No man between me and my God" is our motto. And we would like the age of consent lowered.

If the CoS goes with this, it will change the plot. And maybe we will be able to move on from pigeon-holing people for the way they like to shag.

No pigeons were harmed in the making of this post and my CoS chums do not endorse butsecs. The term 'hole' does not imply....

Go CoS. Make us all proud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You should try and find Radio Scotland's good morning programme from today, the spokeperson who did not want to see gay ministers knew he caouldn't call them anything nasty or even call them homosexuals per say, kept saying phrases like "those who participate in homosexual sex"

9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

No problem with gay marriage in the CoS, but if music in the kirk (or anywhere else in Scotland) means bagpipes then there is good reason for debate. I would go further and propose the Final Solution to comedy cat stranglers which means that everyone who knows about bagpipe music, and likes it, is involved in manufacture of bagpipes, the foul music or dissemination of the vile droning then there is a need for them to be eliminated. If there is going to be genocide in this generation then let it be meaningful. I'd pay the gas bill.

10. TheIronDuke

Nah. You should come to England where most of us breeze along with the Vicar and attend church for the 'hatched, matched and dispatched' gig then get on with our lives.

You CoS lot are frankly ******* scary. You are fire and brimstone. The Book of Revelations. Armageddon and Sodom and that bird out of Doctor Who.

And now you wish to embrace gay marriage? Get in.

11. And the blokes wear skirts...so they have a good start!

12. TheIronDuke

One hates to intrude but, nah, see, you are wrong.

You only hate bagpipes because you think bagpipe music will lead to dancing. Which is clearly wrong with God.

God loves dancing and he could not give a rats arse if it is blokes with birds, blokes with blokes, birds with birds or....

Shit. I am going to get on RoPs again for crayoning, arent I? Well **** it. Lets blow the tank...

I LOVE GAYS AND BAGPIPES AND SCOTTISH PEOPLE BUT THE FRENCH CAN ******* DO ONE.

Sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Sir Duke, I love Scotland and the Scots and gays and I totally agree that the French can do one, but with bagpipes, I have a huge problem. How can you dance to bagpipe music? I have got a better tune out of garotting a badger. Not that I garrotte badgers frequently, I just prefer hurting animals to listening to bagpipes.

Additional comment - hearing bagpipes actually causes me to hurt animals. I am not ashamed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was gonna like that speech but then you ended it with.............

"Additional comment - hearing bagpipes actually causes me to hurt animals. I am not ashamed."

Thought best not! Queer as Folk!

15. TheIronDuke

Way to go in a serious debate regarding the position of the Church of Scotland and the Kirk on the vexed issue of gay marriage and the Clergy.

Do you have any thoughts on the use of the flute whilst torturing turtles?

****. RoPs again. ****.