The killing of the Soldier in London is...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 23, 2013.

?
  1. an isolated case not connected to the faith or ethnical background of the murderers

14 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. it is an outstanding case but purely criminal one. There is no politics here at all

23 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. a result of serious mistakes in the emmigration policy

32 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. a consequence of multiculturalism concept

128 vote(s)
    61.2%
  5. a result of the fact that the newcomers are real masters in the UK

12 vote(s)
    5.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My sincere condolences. RIP.

2. Where have you been Gospadin (or do you still prefer Tovarich?)

Absolutely dreadful incident.

But good to see you are still around.

3. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Interesting - Michael Adebojalo is bessies with Anjem Chaudary.

4. mercurydancer

Thank you Sergey

5. Yes, I followed the thread you mean. However, I would like to make a poll and failed to add my questions.

It is possible to enter number of options and their texts but there is not 'send' button.

My options are

1. an isolated case not connected to the faith or ethnical background of the murderers

2. it is an outstanding case but purely criminal one. There is no politics here at all

3. a result of serious mistakes in the emmigration policy

4. a consequence of multiculturalism concept

5. a result of the fact that the newcomers are real masters in the UK

Edited to add. Today we discussed this case (covered in the news) in our office in Moscow. Everybody agreed that there are some negative processes in Russia similar to ones in the UK.

6. so are we back in the dark days when we can no longer wear uniform in public or what?

if so - then it's mission accomplished for the Islamic scumbags and we lose out.

he was wearing a H4H t-shirt, run over by a car and then stabbed and hacked to death.

will they ban all cars and knives and the wearing of H4H clobber?? so why ban being in public in uniform?

if anything - we should be getting more soldiers in public in uniform.

i'm more than happy to take the hit and beat these fcukers by being proud to wear my uniform in public - and i'll do it with even more zest in memory of Drummer Lee Rigby, 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers RIP

• Like Like x 12
  7. mercurydancer

Actually Sergey, it can be none of the above. One of the killers is English. He was born here. He was raised as a Christian but converted of his own volition. The closest would be a consequence of multiculturalism but I dont believe that for a moment as extremist Islam is a very rare thing in UK no matter what some mouth breathers would have you think.

8. I voted for "a result of serious mistakes in the emmigration policy".

****ing ex-pats.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Have you a spare one in my size!?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Being born here to an immigrant family that do not raise him as British is still a failure in the immigration system. The fact he chose to exclude himself from being British by referring to 'his own country' would be the clue!

• Like Like x 1
  11. You have to be a sick ****** to try and cut someones head off, unless Islam makes you into a sick ****** I would suggest this guy was wired wrong and I would be more than happy to be ROP'd for suggesting its more likely his African background than his choice of religion.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Social exclusion springs to mind to be honest. In this case individual exclusion which could be due to his background, attitude, social skills, education (or lack of) and unrealistic expectations of jobs/future.

His conversion to Islam indicates (to me at least) that he was trying to move away from his own background and forge a new social identity. When it didn't improve his future prospects he could have been prone to radicalise.

Anyway, loads of speculation....... We'll have to wait and see what he says about it all himself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. None of the above, it's terrorism pure and simple.

Using (barbaric) violence in pursuit of a political aim.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

There's an element of our immigrant population whose model of existence is to re-create their country of origin but with UK living standards. There is also an element of our political class which is happy to let them do this for party advantage.

Where there is a real desire to integrate, the system works reasonably well. Where there isn't, the powers that be have been consistently gutless in pandering to certain minorities and their attitudes, refusing to challenge them, and constantly using this country's institutions to stifle debate and intimidate anyone who suggests that there might be an issue.

The biggest victims of this last policy have been public agencies such as the police, and moderate members of immigrant communities who have found themselves marginalised and ignored whilst the loonies have been granted political access and media airtime.

• Like Like x 20
  15. General agreement with the last two posts.
    Why is "Terrorism not one of the vote options? All the others in one sense or another smell a bit off.