The Kent gunrunning case?

ugly

LE
Well it started in court today, if you can get BBC South East news its on at half six!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Skorpions and AKs. Looks like they'll be off for a long holiday at the tax payers expense.

Who were the alleged end users of these shooters?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Did you see what price the weapons were fetching.
$25 for a real one in FRY and I'm standing like a fool wondering if I could get it home.
(Was during the post Tito difficulties the locals were having. I seem to remember German foreign policy kick starting that one too)

It's a good question. Bit too expensive for street urchins and a bit too expensive for serious "professionals" to use once and dispose of.

Be handy for the Stratford Westfield Mall job....

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently they were to be sold on to any criminal who wanted them and could pay.

ugly

LE
They say they were selling them straight on as they were too hot! London Gangsters likely!

ugly

LE
I was quite surprised at how low key the reaction was to the initial seizure and arrests. After all, this doesn't happen everyday.
Yes no great police press launch, maybe because it was a national operation and not those excitable chaps in the met!

I suspect the CZs would be for Yardies, no idea about the AKs.

ugly

LE
The ak,s are in fact CZ58 rifles a very good rifle only made in 7.62 x 39 after the Soviets insisted, it was a that they standardise, it shares no parts with the AK family and frankly is much better