The Judge Dredd appproach to moped crime.

How do you know it isn't loaded?
It doesn't even have to be a firearm. The suspect only has to be 'armed or otherwise so dangerous that they cannot reasonably be restrained without the use of a firearm' for them to game under the Police RoE.

It could be argued that a moped meets that description if it's been used as a weapon in order to commit offences.

The risk associated with knocking one of these scrotes off of their weapon of choice, is far less than the risk towards the general public for failing to do so. Therefore the benefit significantly outweighs the risk.

And lets not forget, the suspect is knocked off the moped because they are failing to stop for police. If they did stop when required to do so they wouldn't have to be knocked off.

She will never reverse a decade of enforced decline quickly. She picks her battles and wins and loses some. I do however feel that she is genuinely interested in making The Met and policing in general better.

Head and shoulders above her peer group in my opinion.
Well I've had my opinion of her amended.
I hope you are correct.

Well I've had my opinion of her amended.
I hope you are correct.

Me too, however it would be good to hear her standing up & being counted when political d**kheads like Khan, Abbot & others spout their b**ls**t about the criminal scrotes and telling it as it is, not what the politicians tell her to! Numbers must be one she should be having a go at incessantly, along with the pathetic legal system & its pathetic gentle/soft approach. At her level what has she got too lose, they couldn't get rid of her for telling the truth, well not without a lot of flak from most of the media and if she did go she could retire in comfort I would have thought.
Of course the defenders could be wrong & she still might be a typical SPO hoping to get a gold enhanced retirement package with a seat in the Lords.

Cynical Moi? too bloody right I am!

This tictac has apparently been used sixty three times,or there about.
I would expect that there have been far more pursuits than this,so how many times have plod actually NOT done this when they might have?
Only Advanced TPAC drivers are authorised to do this. Traffic Officers essentially and some ARV, so not that many officers really.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's a real pity to damage perfectly serviceable police cars when a GPMG would do the job quicker and cheaper, 'Rounds is cheap' it would also ensure that money remains in the kitty to pay the poor felons funeral costs.

But to be fair, that's only a matter of being taller than the nearest pygmy....

;)

I'm pleased to see that they are doing something positive to catch these scrotes.

However, there's always a downside to a new tactic sooner or later. The scrotes will just avoid the roads where the police cars are, and use pavements and alleyways instead. Then we will start seeing videos of police cars hitting bollards...

Or, scrotes throwing things over their shoulder to smash the windscreen. You get the idea.

I hope there are plans to bring in shotguns (with the beanbag rounds) later.

Natural justice perhaps?

Quadbike and moped rider banned from driving after trying to avoid police and becoming wedged on footpath

I look forward to their next conviction for driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence, driving whilst disqualified, driving whilst uninsured, etc, etc .....

That'll stop them.
It's a start. At least they were caught.

Welcoming news for the start of 2019.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
I’ve seen these chaps before. Taking a break from the Rotherham taxi scene.

I like the judge who handed down the sentences.. he used the words 'consecutively' when adding to a sentence one of them was already serving.

She will never reverse a decade of enforced decline quickly. She picks her battles and wins and loses some. I do however feel that she is genuinely interested in making The Met and policing in general better.

Applauding officers who stand by and watch a colleague murdered is making policing in general better? That was the moment she lost the support of her officers and undid every positive act of her time in office.

Who else bore ultimate responsibility for the operation?

Don't rush; take all the time you need to research the answer.:wink:
Why yes, I read the full report. Did you?

Remind us of her job. Oh yes, Silver Commander. Who was Gold Commander? How many other potential Silver Commanders developed slopey shoulders beforehand?

She walked in early to read up on KRATOS, and then went to the designated briefing room (early) to find that they'd moved locations without telling her. By the time she arrived the correct room, the main briefing was over. Who was running briefings and handovers? Oh yes, Gold.

The ops room was described as being noisy, to the extent that officers had to raise their voices to be heard. It wasn't her Ops Room - whose was it? It doesn't sound at all well trained, or well set up to allow any Commander to get the information they needed to make the right decision.

The surveillance team leader failed to pass on the comments of their own team (who were saying "not sure this is the bloke"), and failed to make decisions. Even "walk past, take a good look, we need to know" would have fixed it. The Ops Room was left believing that the Surveillance team had no doubts that this was the suspect.

Afterwards, she apparently had the nous to sit down with a solicitor and do an immediate hot debrief as a formal statement. Smart lady - because if she hadn't, you can bet that someone would have decided she'd make a perfect scapegoat...

It's a real pity to damage perfectly serviceable police cars when a GPMG would do the job quicker and cheaper, 'Rounds is cheap' it would also ensure that money remains in the kitty to pay the poor felons funeral costs.
Snowflake