The Judge Dredd appproach to moped crime.

Well,the public in general seem to be very onside with this particular bit of pro active policing.
Hopefully we will see a bit of a backlash against the softly softly approach of the last few years,and actually start punishing criminals,instead of saying its not their fault,poverty,lack of education,chances,austerity etc.

Well,the public in general seem to be very onside with this particular bit of pro active policing.
Hopefully we will see a bit of a backlash against the softly softly approach of the last few years,and actually start punishing criminals,instead of saying its not their fault,poverty,lack of education,chances,austerity etc.
Obviously not if cops start getting put through the wringer for it though. Public support is one thing and it is truly needed and appreciated but not at the cost of being prosecuted.

Obviously not if cops start getting put through the wringer for it though. Public support is one thing and it is truly needed and appreciated but not at the cost of being prosecuted.
It is an ideal issue for a letter campaign to your MP., particularly if you are in anyway involved in their local party machinery. I strongly recommend that the ten minutes you spend doing it will be well spent.

I have a very good friend in the Met who's patch covers Stockwell.
Cressida Dick is held in rather high regard by the blokes on the ground as someone who has worked her way up through the ranks and isn't afraid to get stuck in to difficult issues.
Well, she should make sure that people work their way up through the ranks.

All this direct entry rubbish is just that.

The Commissioner also seemed to fall very quickly to heel on the topic of resources, and that there was sufficient. Yeah, for the SO coccoon she inhabited. For the boys and girls I know on the factory floor, they rather beg to differ. Or at least, they would do if they got their rest day and we could have a chat.

Ultimately, TJF. No matter who is at the top, it's a quest of how quickly the ship sinks and who you drown first as it goes down.

Not to derail this thread again but the general feeling with borough officers is positive towards Ma'am Dick. Everyone knows the Met's in an impossible position - let's face it, most public services are - but I think people believe her to be genuine. She's more of a copper's copper than some previous COs.

She will never reverse a decade of enforced decline quickly. She picks her battles and wins and loses some. I do however feel that she is genuinely interested in making The Met and policing in general better.

Head and shoulders above her peer group in my opinion.

Caught out lying fatso. Go suck a dick.
That's it...another one for the ignore list...

I don't have time to waste scrolling past your drivel...bye bye...

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Quite right and well said. In any event no Police driver worth their salt - probably that is 99% of them - would ram an escaping moped, all that is needed is a nudge on the back wheel to send the scrote gracefully to the tarmac.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Quite right and well said. In any event no Police driver worth their salt - probably that is 99% of them - would ram an escaping moped, all that is needed is a nudge on the back wheel to send the scrote gracefully to the tarmac.
TBH, it would be far funnier to see them get rammed at 70+mph if you could get away with it!

This tictac has apparently been used sixty three times,or there about.
I would expect that there have been far more pursuits than this,so how many times have plod actually NOT done this when they might have?