The Judge Dredd appproach to moped crime.

^^
This...
Despite Miss Dick the Dyke giving out signals that she supported the method.

Edited for spelling mongness.
How very original :rolleyes:

This Commissioner is one of the sharpest and most experienced and is genuinely liked by the rank and file, the likes of which I haven't seen in at least the last ten years. She speaks plainly and in support of the boys and girls that do the job in one of the toughest policing environments we've ever seen.

Yes, I am a fan and I've met her more than once.

This Commissioner is one of the sharpest and most experienced and is genuinely liked by the rank and file, the likes of which I haven't seen in at least the last ten years. She speaks plainly and in support of the boys and girls that do the job in one of the toughest policing environments we've ever seen.

Well that's okay then.

I respect your position, but then why does she not stamp down, publicly, on the narrative regarding the officer who is under investigation, who was carrying out a manoeuvre she herself has said is necessary?

I respect your position, but then why does she not stamp down, publicly, on the narrative regarding the officer who is under investigation, who was carrying out a manoeuvre she herself has said is necessary?
I suspect she needs to let the IOPC have their moment and not to be seen as interfering.Hopefully after they have had a go she will stand up for the officer involved?

I suspect she needs to let the IOPC have their moment and not to be seen as interfering.Hopefully after they have had a go she will stand up for the officer involved?
I sincerely hope so. We shall see. I understand the the IOPC protocol but when all is said and done she is the boss. Is that me thinking too simplistically?. Probably.

I know of some Brazilians who think she's shite.
I'm minded to agree.

That’s fine but the incident happened a year ago and this is still hanging over them.
It definitely sucks, but how do you speed that up without making the IOPC, or the Ombudsman's office here, into huge organisations with hundreds of investigators?

A friend of a friend recently got the all clear for an incident where he sprayed CS at a teenager who was threatening him with a hammer. The teenager didn't complain about, the parent didn't complain about it but the Ombudsman is automatically called in every time CS is used on an under 18. That took two years for the Ombudsman's office to announce it was justified.

It definitely sucks, but how do you speed that up without making the IOPC, or the Ombudsman's office here, into huge organisations with hundreds of investigators?

A friend of a friend recently got the all clear for an incident where he sprayed CS at a teenager who was threatening him with a hammer. The teenager didn't complain about, the parent didn't complain about it but the Ombudsman is automatically called in every time CS is used on an under 18. That took two years for the Ombudsman's office to announce it was justified.
A good friend of mine was under investigation for more than two years. All because he was the ranking officer at an incident, in a south london hospital, where a knife wielding nut job died whilst being restrained.

you can make all the excuses you like and the scroates have been let down by parents schools etc. Maybe once they have been caught the Punishment should include training to do something useful and measures in place so they arnt marked as a crim for the rest of their life. BUT YOU HAVE TO CATCH THEM FIRST AND STOP THEM CONTINUE DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING>

I know of some Brazilians who think she's shite.
I'm minded to agree.
In all seriousness, that mistake could have happened to anyway

Must be awkward doing surveillance, that one time you go for a p1ss in a bush and someone else takes over watching the suspect and some random ends up being slotted

Bet plod were a thinking that could have been me

@wetsmonkey informative post. Thank you. How any copper can do their job with IOPC threats over them I don’t know. The public seems well behind you on this tactic. For too long the scrotes have been getting away with it. Every day is a school day.

RP

I have watched the videos
not one of the machines is a moped
they are all either 125cc automatic scooters ei bloody quick
or 400cc models ie very bloody quick
they have had free reign for too long, most of them are nasty little thugs, and by knocking them off it will help the Police gain a few precious seconds, especially when so many of them carry weapons
in Bristol Motorcycle and scooter theft is reaching epidemic proportions
luckily members of the motorcycle community are fighting back
theres a simple answer if you dont want to feel pain
if you get blue lighted, pull over and cut the engine
if you want a motorcycle or scooter, get a bank loan and buy one, plus get a job to repay it
and if you are the Council estate yob who nicked my mates bike recently , keep looking over your shoulder
your face is on CCTV
For years most people have called any step through bike a moped. It's not confined to the UK either, same seems to go on in Holland too. My wee brother's Lambretta TS1 get's called a moped regularly by people asking him about it.

tar baby.jpg

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
People are talking about this like the officer has already been found guilty. He has been interviewed under caution by the IOPC, who might put a file forward to the CPS if they think he has done something wrong. The CPS might charge him if they think there is a realistic chance of getting a conviction and he might get found guilty.

For any of those three 'mights' to happen there would need to be some evidence that he didn't use the tactic in the way it was supposed to be used. If they think the tactic is at fault rather than the officer then the IOPC will be turning their sights on whoever authorised it rather than the driver.
All well and good until the "victim" decides to get a "no win, no fee ambulance chasing" lawyer!

Last edited:
This is why cops sometimes hesitate to put their liberty and prosperity on the line. For fear of years of stress and potential prosecution. It’s been happening for years in relation to a multitude of issues and people don’t feel supported.

PC whose life was ‘blighted’ by IPCC for 7 years can finally wed

Just looking at the creature who ran the IPCC until it was ousted for "perverting the course of justice" .
This is her entry in LinkedIn. How on earth do these creatures get to be head of IPCC, if they have such an obvious bias and aren't even British?

Jennifer Amen Izekor

People & Organisation Builder.Cultural Intelligence Facilitator. Inclusion & Diversity Catalyst, Author, Coach, Mentor
London, Greater London, United Kingdom

More actions
1544011578647.gif
Above Difference Limited ...
University of Benin ... See contact info See contact info
See connections (372) 372 connections

Founder Above Difference Limited. Passionate about developing Culturally Intelligent, Inclusive and Diverse Public Sector Organisations where diversity really works for all. Inspirational trainer and speaker committed to growing people, teams and organizations from the inside out. Lives for 'light bulb' moments in self and others. Author, Coach, Mentor Facilitator, and Enabler. What I do well: Deliver innovative solutions to intransigent organizational challenges particularly around inclusion, diversity a... ...

Just looking at the creature who ran the IPCC until it was ousted for "perverting the course of justice" .
This is her entry in LinkedIn. How on earth do these creatures get to be head of IPCC, if they have such an obvious bias and aren't even British?

Jennifer Amen Izekor

People & Organisation Builder.Cultural Intelligence Facilitator. Inclusion & Diversity Catalyst, Author, Coach, Mentor
London, Greater London, United Kingdom

More actions
View attachment 365304 Above Difference Limited ...
University of Benin ... See contact info See contact info
See connections (372) 372 connections

Founder Above Difference Limited. Passionate about developing Culturally Intelligent, Inclusive and Diverse Public Sector Organisations where diversity really works for all. Inspirational trainer and speaker committed to growing people, teams and organizations from the inside out. Lives for 'light bulb' moments in self and others. Author, Coach, Mentor Facilitator, and Enabler. What I do well: Deliver innovative solutions to intransigent organizational challenges particularly around inclusion, diversity a... ...
She has written many, many words there . . . none of which make any sense in the round.