The Judge Dredd appproach to moped crime.

I bet human rights laws are rubbing their hands at a prospective windfall.

I saw this on the tv news earlier.
It was making me chuckle that a senior police officer was making it clear the tactic was used with restraint and was designed not to injure the moped riders.

My first thought was that the tactic needed to be toughened up then :)

If you don’t want to be knocked off your moped by a copper, don’t use it to go thieving. That seems like a reasonable choice to me.

I watched the video this afternoon on Sky News on my phone and I’m delighted that the battle is at last being taken to the numerous thieves who up until now have had an easy time of it.

I see that the Met has given some Police officers special training to carry out this procedure so hopefully injuries will be minimal however, it should be clearly understood that if a thief suffers an injury as a result of this new policy, it’s entirely the fault of the thief, they shouldn’t have been doing what they were doing.

I saw this on the tv news earlier.
It was making me chuckle that a senior police officer was making it clear the tactic was used with restraint and was designed not to injure the moped riders.

My first thought was that the tactic needed to be toughened up then :)
The DM report said that the drivers were trained to 'bounce' the riders onto the car bonnet. However, one of the bouncees complained that they bounced him even though he'd taken his helmet off so that they wouldn't risk hurting him. Apparently knocking a lidless thief off his bike just isn't sporting.

I really hope that senior officers share your view.
No doubt the dreaded Matrix Chambers and other ambulance chasers will be taking note.

There needs to be a clear ruling that any moped rider not obeying an instruction to stop from a police vehicle will have no recourse to the courts for any injury sustained thereafter.

Knocking the scrotes over is too good for them, the government should invent some sort of sniper taser rifle. Then they can shoot the little bastards and shock them at the same time. Mind you - I did chuckle at watching some of these twats getting mown down.

This is excellent news, although I think this idea shouldn’t just be restricted to criminals on mopeds. I’d like this idea extended further so the police are also allowed to run over drug dealers on sight, gobby chavs who are running away and any paedophiles standing outside schools.

I was looking forward today to a corrupt MP being taken down, but watching police ramming scrotes on scooters is a pretty good substitute.

On a side note :
Wtf has happened that now makes police taking action such as this acceptable to our political masters ?
Don't get me wrong, i highly approve and it is maybe turning a corner back to when criminals had cause to fear the law.
But who said what, and to whom for this to NOW become acceptable ?
Because it hasn't been for decades.