The joys of Tacticool kit.

You got any phots of those in the security industry who go all ‘tactical’...stab vests, utility belts, maglites and first field dressing...when their position is actually front reception desk at a corporate site?
You can’t be tacticool with a maglite. FFS Streamlight or Surefire please. You are also forgetting the dump pouch and EDC belt...

'kin how much?

For a 'kin tin!

I'll just go to Poundland and get some of those sealed poly bags with rizlas, a lighter & a tin with dolphins on it for £1. They used to do a Tiffin Box which was an enamelled round tin with strong spring clips to keep it shut.

View attachment 397251

Give it a multicam finish & stick a Velcro patch on it & sell them to mongs for a massive mark up.
Couple of these work fine with a bit of black nasty around the seal. One still containing the original product is a good morale hit.

You got any phots of those in the security industry who go all ‘tactical’...stab vests, utility belts, maglites and first field dressing...when their position is actually front reception desk at a corporate site?
Nope....

Attachments

Where is the tactical mug!?

Btw is you don’t have whisky in it, you’re only fooling yourself.

Just got one of these for deg bimbling in the kangene. We'll see how it lasts before having a go at reviewing it on here. Probably not much interest in how many lbs of dry wors and biltong the water pouch on the side can hold though.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just got one of these for deg bimbling in the kangene. We'll see how it lasts before having a go at reviewing it on here. Probably not much interest in how many lbs of dry wors and biltong the water pouch on the side can hold though.

That's just a daypack where they couldn't be arsed to sew on both shoulder straps.

Yup, but it has a few nifty features when you slide it from the back to the front as depicted. We'll see how it pans out.

Not something I'd want to spend a couple of days trudging through the bush carrying, but short trips into town or on an aircraft where you need to get at stuff and deal with fuckwittery may give it a bit of an advantage.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yup, but it has a few nifty features when you slide it from the back to the front as depicted. We'll see how it pans out.
You show me yours, I'll show you mine. ;-)

You and that lion frightening mtondo can fuck right off.

Not something I'd want to spend a couple of days trudging through the bush carrying, but short trips into town or on an aircraft where you need to get at stuff and deal with fuckwittery may give it a bit of an advantage.
Who makes it?

TamH70

MIA
It looks to be a good medium sized bag! Granted if you went any bigger I would want a traditional style pack and not the sling.
It looks a lot like my Rothco Medium Transport Pack, but seems to be diffy one times shoulder strap. It's also about three times the price.

It looks a lot like my Rothco Medium Transport Pack, but seems to be diffy one times shoulder strap. It's also about three times the price.
I am not a fan of the sling packs anymore, and you do pay for the name unless you can deal shop. I like my
Eberlestock HiSpeed pack I got on Amazon for a steal. But I prefer to spend the money on kit that will last for years rather than something that will be destroyed over three or four.

They look extremely tight and uncomfortable to me. But I bet that their wearers think that they are as ally as heck.
They are a little Ally..
GQYvjAzlS2_BMOU98n8MWTMdxYpdY8ON3HQaUZZ9pBA.jpg

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

War Hero
I've seen plenty of US made kit that is complete and utter ******* shite, with horrific pricing. What's the law over there? Is it anything that's supplied to the US military cannot be sold at retail for less than the price it is sold to the mil? So everything is ******* extortionate to the extreme.

Backpacks are a good example. You're paying hundreds of dollars for a backpack which in comparison, only costs low £100ish here, for the same if not better build.

London Bridge Trading company - their three day strike pack, priced about $300 if I recall, lasted a week before it fell apart.
Not the law, only if the product is on GSA schedule then the OEM must provide the bets price to the USG, if they don't have the item listed on a GSA schedule then pricing is up to them/the market.

Latest Threads