Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The joys of bidet.

There's talk currently that to save trees, people should be using personal, washable árse rags upon which to wipe one's árse.

Years back, a former neighbour and his wife did missionary work in Mexico. They would take several Costco-size "bales" of toilet paper with them. Arse rags were in common use back then.

Odd. I didn't see a single reference to the Bomb Sight Toilet in the first several pages I read. I don't know what the 1960s Libyans used off-base because I avoid those like the plague. But civilian on-base latrines featured western-style thrones.

A mate of mine returned to base from downtown after eating some dodgy food. Jumped off the shuttle bus and ran to the first facility he saw on base. He was revelling in the release when a shapely Italian woman came in and took the crapper next to him - no cubicles.

Not knowing whether to shit or go blind did not apply in this particular instance.

I stay in a lot of third world hotels as a result of the job. Bottled water all the way - sparking wherever possible (so it can't be refilled at the tap) even for cleaning my teeth, with care in the shower not to drink any.

There were times when I was in London, 1970s or early 1980s, perhaps, that I was a regular bottled water consumer. I didn't EVEN want to know where the piped-in water originated - possibly the urinals from a series of pubs.

Last edited:
Years back, a former neighbour and his wife did missionary work in Mexico. They would take several Costco-size "bales" of toilet paper with them. Arse rags were in common use back then.

Odd. I didn't see a single reference to the Bomb Sight Toilet in the first several pages I read. I don't know what the 1960s Libyans used off-base because I avoid those like the plague. But civilian on-base latrines featured western-style thrones.

A mate of mine returned to base from downtown after eating some dodgy food. Jumped off the shuttle bus and ran to the first facility he saw on base. He was revelling in the release when a shapely Italian woman came in and took the crapper next to him - no cubicles.

Not knowing whether to shit or go blind did not apply in this particular instance.

There were times when I was in London, 1970s or early 1980s, perhaps, that I was a regular bottled water consumer. I didn't EVEN want to know where the piped-in water originated - possibly the urinals from a series of pubs.
Continuing on that theme; there were the European thrones which had a sort of interior platform built in, where a decent sized Ronald could sit proud, uncontaminated by water. This had it's advantages and disadvantages. For a start, it stopped the back splash of the "dambuster" type turd, thus alleviating the cold , wet surprise.
The disadvantage of the design becomes apparent after a number of days of non-productivity in the body emissions department. When release finally happens, the resultant elephantine mound of rock-hard eartha kitt raises the level of the depositor above the seat and could cause height-related injuries. Health and Safety hold the view that a crash helmet conforming to BS 3954, needs to be worn when a self-hoisting Richard is imminent!
Happy crapping chod-nuts

We have just returned from our first holiday in Egypt. Their bogs are amazing a little squirt or two and your rusty sherrif's badge sparkles like diamonds in the sunshine.Why this has has not caught on in Europe i don't know .Though i can imagine a shot of cold water up your jacksey in February in Great Yarmouth would make the most resolute quiver.

Last edited:
We have just returned from our first holiday in Egypt. Their bogs are amazing a little squirt or two and your rusty sherrif's badge sparkles like diamonds in the sunshine.Why this has has not caught on in Europe i don't know .Though i can imagine a shot of cold water up your jacksey in February in Cleathorpes would make the most resolute quiver.

You know the rules, pictures or it never happened.

erm...

Wait, never mind, forget what I said

We have just returned from our first holiday in Egypt. Their bogs are amazing a little squirt or two and your rusty sherrif's badge sparkles like diamonds in the sunshine.Why this has has not caught on in Europe i don't know .Though i can imagine a shot of cold water up your jacksey in February in Cleathorpes would make the most resolute quiver.
I bet it's just like CLEETHORPES!