The joys of bidet.

As I write I’m shitting an elephant and the ears have got stuck, even the water gently caressing my anus is having little affect.

I may be some time.

I wonder how many defecators fall off the walls they squat on?
There is a whole Wikipedia article on the subject of open defecation.
"About 892 million people, or 12 percent of the global population, practiced open defecation in 2016. Seventy-six percent (678 million) of the 892 million people practicing open defecation in the world live in just seven countries."
Open defecation - Wikipedia
It's the poor bugger half a mile downstream pulling their drinking/cooking water and the other one doing their dhobi I feel sorry for.

I remember fatty Mears advocating purifying water even when staying in third world hotels.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thank you for sharing that piece of information with us all. Could you please inform us what you will be cleaning your tattered ring-piece with?

It's the poor bugger half a mile downstream pulling their drinking/cooking water and the other one doing their dhobi I feel sorry for.

I remember fatty Mears advocating purifying water even when staying in third world hotels.
I stay in a lot of third world hotels as a result of the job. Bottled water all the way - sparking wherever possible (so it can't be refilled at the tap) even for cleaning my teeth, with care in the shower not to drink any.

I've had amoebic dysentery twice (Afghanistan and Cambodia)...not a nice experience (although it does save the expense of a colonic irrigation).

I stay in a lot of third world hotels as a result of the job. Bottled water all the way - sparking wherever possible (so it can't be refilled at the tap) even for cleaning my teeth, with care in the shower not to drink any.

I've had amoebic dysentery twice (Afghanistan and Cambodia)...not a nice experience (although it does save the expense of a colonic irrigation).
I ran out of water one time, one time only, and used a miniature of vodka to rinse the toothpaste away rather than risk the tap water.

Which is why I never visit the Third World (or haven't; plains game hunt in SA in September 2019...)

In Macedonia (2001) virtually all of the British contingent had the shits, except me; I had constipation. Guess I’m just lucky :-(

Which is why I never visit the Third World (or haven't; plains game hunt in SA in September 2019...)
Mate, the tap water in the USA is not much better.

Remember that film with Julia Roberts - Erin Brokovich - where she goes after some industrial company for contaminating the local water table, causing early on set death and birth defects? Well, it is still just as bad as it ever was around the USA. When New York City bought its new feeder reservoir online the bloke running the water for the city was 'proud to tell everyone' that the new reservoir and associated treatment facilities bought the level of drinkable water in NYC up to 40%.

The Unheard Tapes of Bomber Command with Steve Stevens | Dan Snow's HISTORY HIT on acast

I only ever drink and cook with bottled and/or purified/filtered water - the level of purity and drinkability of water in the USA is not like the UK & europe.

About four years ago I contracted a form of cholera in the UK that my local GP's could only speculate was potentially due to the use of 'grey water' that a restaurant may have used in relation to rinsing a side salad that I had consumed. All I did for about a week was pass bum gravy, projectile vomiting (which truly is a sight to behold before you have to mop the fucker up) and in between both pass out. All that said it is a cracking way to lose weight in the shortest possible time. My eldest sister remarked that I looked like an Aids victim at the height of it.

Happy days.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In Macedonia (2001) virtually all of the British contingent had the shits, except me; I had constipation. Guess I’m just lucky :-(
That lucky, if you were to fall in a barrel of tits, you'd come out sucking your thumb!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shortfuse The NAAFI Bar 20
Maj_Boothroyd OTC and ACF 5
Ventress The NAAFI Bar 129