The Jocks eh, banning common sense

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, May 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So tomorrows fish wrapper, aka the daily record has this to say;
    Airguns set to be banned after parents of tragic toddler Andrew Morton win pledge from Kenny MacAskill - The Daily Record
    I didnt quite miss the irony of the google sponsored ad for body armour.

What I do find dissapointing but unsuprising is that these local councillors (thats what they really are) have decided that instead of banning fuckwittery are banning common sense and again the only people likely to obey any laws are the law abiding!
    Deal with the fucked up smack heads first then I will support a move against other issues.
    Instead of building more prisons we should just rebuild Hadrians wall and send ours up there where as fuckwits they will obviously be welcomed with open arms!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Agggg don’t get me started on the collective of clowns that call themselves the SNP. When it comes to firearms legislation none of them, including MacAskill have a clue. I have already mentioned my heated discussion with one SNP f*ckwit that gets paid as an MP regarding this. When told that all he wanted was already covered in Law, he floundered a bit then said it wasn’t enough.
    Ah jebus, Im off for a pint before these muppets can spoil my day any more. Ugs, you may have a firearms migrant moving South soon.............................
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The proposals are for airguns to be subject to licensing so that only those with a legitimate need for them; sport, pest control etc (rather than the housing scheme junkie) have access to them.

The Daily Record; The Daily Mail of the north.
  4. Sigh...Scotland the not so seems your best and brightest were slaughtered on the western front, or emigrated to greener pastures.
  5. I hope they ban swords and spears as well. And those Kung fu star things. And darts.

6. tut, tut.
  7. I'm of the view that plod has been actively (or rather inactively) encouraging this not just in Scotland but throughout the UK by ignoring complaints of people misusing airguns in the hope that either something or someone will be injured and they can then justify a ban.
    I know people who farm on the edge of towns who'll complain many times that some little scrote is wandering around their land taking random pot shots at anything that moves yet local plod won't do anything about it. In one incident a little shite was spotted three-quarters of a mile from the nearest access and a plod was known to be nearby (watching the pub for drink drivers...) but on phoning the station they were told that there "was no-one available". Yet the same farm has had visits in response to complaints about themselves pigeon shooting.
    The difference seems to be that they always make the mistake of mentioning that it's an airgun when they call but the awkward neighbours talk vaguely about "firearms".
  8. I hope someone shoots you in the eye with an airgun then stabs you with a spear ,next a sword up your arrse then finishes off with a kung fu star between the eyes as they leave your stinking corpse in the gutter .... just saying like
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Wont happen with an estimated 5 million in circulation (and thats the amount admitted as sold by the trade and guessed at by various bodies) there is no way to stop smack heads getting hold of them. The only thing to do is export the smack heads, where to though as Rhyll is full!
  10. The OSS gave its recruits instruction on how to kill with a rolled-up newspaper. High time we started banning those.
  11. Might I suggest a country that has given us some of our troublesome guests: Pakistan, Somalia even Saudi springs to mind!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ******* good idea that !! but you can keep your scum down there , we've enough of yr shite up here already!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BTW Excellent post ......the more folk we have like you posting vitriol like this the more chance we have of folk voting for Independence !! Crack on Old chap !!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Depressingly true.

Just wondering if a toddler were to be killed by, say, a golf club, would they be banned too?
  15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Jesus. Did I post in invisible ink or something?
    • Like Like x 1