The Jess Phillips watch

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What did the axe signify? She was into dwarfs with beards longer than they were tall?
Not a very flattering description of Ms Phillips but if the dwarf’s cap fits...

Now if a male had said that?

Is she not commiting an offence under the sex discrimination act in saying only woman should be eligible for leader?
No, of course she isn’t, she’s expressing a preference, she’s in no position to do anything about it.

And she may well be right that the party could do with a female leader, just not any of the ones who are currently standing and it’s difficult to see where a suitable would come from in the next few years either.

The woman is mad. Sh seems to like, all women selections

The Labour leadership battle ramped up today as Jess Phillips suggested favourite Keir Starmer should quit so a woman can win.
What does this say about how she views women?

To be able to win at anything we have to remove any male competition.

Seems I have a much higher opinion of women than our Jess who seems to think they're just a bunch of special needs donkeys that ned a leg up to achieve anything.

What does this say about how she views women?

To be able to win at anything we have to remove any male competition.

Seems I have a much higher opinion of women than our Jess who seems to think they're just a bunch of special needs donkeys that ned a leg up to achieve anything.
Rather than removal, perhaps we could handicap them. So for instance, the leader should have a declared deputy and maybe Starmer can be assigned jess as his deputy?

The unfortunate problem in combining minority groups is that certain minority groups hate other minority groups, and the minority group support group has not yet devolved a logic that can be inclusive for groups that due to their particular group leanings are inherently divisive unless the other groups are denied their own minority group identity to become included in that particular divisive group identity.
You are Sir Humphrey Appleby and I claim my free Civil Service Guide to Obfuscation...

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No, of course she isn’t, she’s expressing a preference, she’s in no position to do anything about it.

And she may well be right that the party could do with a female leader, just not any of the ones who are currently standing and it’s difficult to see where a suitable would come from in the next few years either.
Its also difficult to see where a suitable male would come from either. You wouldn’t actually choose any of them to run an automated launderette let alone a political party or country. Not that that matters to the people who will be appointing them.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And she may well be right that the party could do with a female leader, just not any of the ones who are currently standing
We all know the fragrant Diane should throw her hat into the ring.

Actually I'd like to see her as PM, if only to read about her discussions with state leaders from other countries.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads