The Jade Effect

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Whiskybreath, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just reading an article in the Mail on Sunday relating how Russell Brand rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb Britney Spears rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb usw, and my critical faculties imploded in outrage.

I've seen this guy on television once, when he made an embarrassing tit of himself on Have I Got News for You, and a few days ago I was starting to get really unhappy about the moron yapping on the radio, until a 'guest' referred to the host as 'Russell', and the awful truth dawned.

Why? How does a self-evidently pointless rectal smear of a personality such as this come to take up time on the nation's airwaves? And more to the point, why are we paying him for his efforts, when those efforts are so hopelessly uninspired, untalented and dreary - yet apparently in demand? Is this a manifestation of the Jade Effect?

I do despair.

2. I too weep for our lost culture. No skill needed, just turn up and be a tw@t, if your face fits you become a 'celebrity', with a place on the gravy train. What of the thousands of misguided kids (like my daughter) who waste three years at college studying Drama, or similar, only to be supplanted by the likes of Jade Goody. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but a particular noisome gathering of turds have gathered on the current Big Brother, some of whom will go on to torture our televisual pleasure.