The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Not the full lot but only after getting back to normal did I realise I had had a pretty rough week after each jab, the initial hit got my attention but I was wiped out energy wise for a week each time and having real problems sleeping. A couple of days after the second one my thighs were aching and my knees really seized up and sore for a few days.

Have you had long covid?

I had the bug about the same time as you and thought I had got off lightly for the first three months, apart from a loss of 60% lung capacity initially which was fun. last June a storm kicked up out of nowhere when I was out on Chesil fishing and the my left lung felt like someone was trying to remove the sod with no anesthetic. I was like a zombie for the next fortnight and got caught out again later that summer. Not been 100% since. I assumed that is why the jabs kicked the crap out of me.

No I've not had long covid. I was in a bad way in March last year and it took me a good while to get over it. I'm back to about 20k a week running and a one hour weight set three times a week. I had a couple of tests the other week for insurance and the barbie like nurse commented on my recover rate - I'm fit.

I took the hounds out on the Friday afternoon and I was that knackered, I could have literally lay down and gone to sleep. Chronic fatigue was an understatement. Saturday morning - everything completely gone. It was totally bizarre

Glad you're feeling better now. Never heard of anyone coming down with it after both jabs.
One of my team did. He's 27 and had both jabs (asthmatic).

He said he was feverish for a few days, then it's just been fatigue. Had 5 days off work in total, plus a weekend.

He said he was feverish for a few days, then it's just been fatigue. Had 5 days off work in total, plus a weekend.

Having read the reports, we appear to have 100 sailors down with it who have all had their two jabs. Looks like someone has brought it on board after R&R in port somewhere

I took the hounds out on the Friday afternoon and I was that knackered, I could have literally lay down and gone to sleep. Chronic fatigue was an understatement. Saturday morning - everything completely gone. It was totally bizarre
Hopefully your immune system is just extra punchy and went round your body looking for things to fight.

So I had Covid last March at the beginning of the pandemic, but was never tested. I've had both sets of jabs and last week, I thought I'd come down with it again, having been into London.

I had all of the symptoms - headache, throat, exhaustion and fatigue, aching muscles, breathing really bad, chest tight and loss of taste. That started on the Wednesday. I went for a test on the Friday morning and woke up on Saturday morning and all symptoms had vanished. Test results came n negative on the Sunday.

Anyone experienced anything like that with all symptoms returning then suddenly vanishing?
I'm not going to try to play Internet doctor, so if you think there is something to be concerned about, see a real doctor about it. However, I will try to speculate on one of the possibilities.

Vaccination isn't a form of body armour against viruses. It's more of a training exercise for your immune system. Your immune system is the reaction force which stops an incursion by the virus after it gets inside the wire (past your mask).

If the incursion by the virus is small enough and your immune system gets on top of it quickly enough, you may not even notice it. If the virus force is is large enough and gets enough of a foothold before your immune system reaction force can stop it, then there's more of a battle to repel the virus and you'll notice it.

If you've been vaccinated then your immune system will be well trained, alert, and have all the shiny kit. If you haven't been vaccinated then your immune system may be about as well prepared as the French army in 1940 just before the Germans came through the Ardennes.

So if you had a stiff fight with some sort of virus but were OK in three days, then if it was COVID-19 the vaccine seems to have done the job. If it was COVID-19 and you hadn't been vaccinated things might have turned out a lot worse. The delta variant is a much tougher opponent than the one that went around a year ago. If you inhaled enough of it when you were exposed, then you are fighting a bigger force of insurgents.

The thing that I don't know is if a test would come up negative if you had beaten what ever it was, or whether there would have been enough dead virus to identify it from its tiny corpses lying about. Quite possibly when they shoved the swab up your nose to take a sample there wasn't enough virus in that part of your respiratory system to detect because your immune system had contained the infection and was just doing mopping up operations elsewhere in your body on Friday.

But as I said, if you're concerned, talk to a real doctor because I'm not one and can only speculate.

I saw a report on the BBC News (America) last week'ish about having a third jab as a booster. The chap they were speaking to had something to do with either researching the virus, or getting the jab out there. He reckoned that from September they would start offering a third dose as a booster (to keep Delta at bay) to people who had completed the course of the first two six months previously.

Anyone hear anything about that?

I saw a report on the BBC News (America) last week'ish about having a third jab as a booster. The chap they were speaking to had something to do with either researching the virus, or getting the jab out there. He reckoned that from September they would start offering a third dose as a booster (to keep Delta at bay) to people who had completed the course of the first two six months previously.

Anyone hear anything about that?
Health authorities are looking at third doses for the elderly and the like, but not for general use. They don't see any value in giving everyone a third shot of the same thing this soon unless there is evidence of immune response fading significantly.

A booster shot of a new vaccine that is specifically tailored to deal with delta and other variants is a different story and that is more plausible. There aren't any approved ones just yet however.

Some countries that used one of the two most common Chinese vaccines are looking at giving people a third dose of something a bit better (Pfizer-Biontech or Oxford-AstraZeneca are two that I've read about). That is a special case however.

Companies like Pfizer are of course pushing the idea of giving everybody a third dose of their vaccine because they expect to make a lot of money from it, but there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it at this time except as noted above.

There’s a native reserve to the north here that the majority have had both jabs and they’re in a bad way. They thought because they were fully vaccinated they could go back to their pre covid ways, they thought wrong, the reservation is riddled with it now.

There’s a native reserve to the north here that the majority have had both jabs and they’re in a bad way. They thought because they were fully vaccinated they could go back to their pre covid ways, they thought wrong, the reservation is riddled with it now.
Infection there is mainly among unvaccinated people though. People on the reserve were holding parties with no precautions, ignoring isolation rules, etc. Because everybody knows everybody else and they're all related to each other nobody is willing to grass anyone else up over rule breaking.

There's also a problem with a significant minority of people refusing to get vaccinated. To them COVID-19 sounds like something that happens elsewhere and they don't expect it to appear in their little world.

There's another reserve in the Old Crow district of Yukon who couldn't find anyone willing to be hired to enforce the rules (Yukon has a very high vaccination rate but also the worst infection rate in the country). They're now trying to offer financial rewards to people to get them to send in photos with time stamps of people breaking the rules. They can't convict anyone on that sort of evidence but they intend to give them a good talking to.

Had my second jab today, Moderna same as first one. Only side effect is the same as the first, feels like I’ve been day drinking which is nothing to complain about.

Had my second jab today, Moderna same as first one. Only side effect is the same as the first, feels like I’ve been day drinking which is nothing to complain about.
A few of us put our names in for the mixed vaccine testing. Did anyone get called?

Page Hall?

Page Hall?
He's probably referring to Saugeen, just south of the Bruce Peninsula on Lake Huron, west of Owen Sound.

Facing COVID-19 outbreak, Saugeen First Nation in Ontario asks for help to reverse 'panic'

97 cases out of a population of 800.

"This kind of creeped up on us and it put a lot of panic in our community members," Doran Ritchie a band councillor and health committee chair with Saugeen First Nation, said Tuesday. "Our job is to reverse that panic and assure them we're doing everything we can to get through this."

You need to read between the lines in the following in order to see what the problem is.
Most businesses are complying with the lockdown order, but Ritchie admitted not every business is keeping its doors closed.

However, the community hasn't had a strong uptake in vaccinations, even though Ritchie said access to them "hasn't been an issue."

He said of the 772 community members who are eligible to receive a shot against COVID-19, about half of them have received at least one dose.

He said for now, the focus is on limiting transmission, boosting vaccination rates and getting outside medical staff into the community to help before the outbreak gets worse.

"For the most part, people have been staying home and they've been responsible. But it has been causing a lot of stress and strain in our community."

1st jab made me think none mask wearers were cnuts
2nd jab made me realise everyone is a cnut.

I didn't need any jabs to know that.

Latest Threads