The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

I gotr the same one as you, on 30 Jan.

No side effects that I noticed, not even an immediate feeling of invulnerability, possibly because I was still mired in a deep trough of lockdown-amplified Seasonal Affective Disorder, which was significantly abated with the arrival of false spring over the weekend before last.

Stop fretting.
You were lucky. Whenever I take the dog out I get sinister helicopters operating entirely in silent mode tracking me across the countryside. They are using some sort of VaccineChip tracking device whilst remaining totally invisible above the clouds.

I am afraid. Not being able to see or hear them adds enormously to my sense of helplessness and fearful despair.

You were lucky. Whenever I take the dog out I get sinister helicopters operating entirely in silent mode tracking me across the countryside. They are using some sort of VaccineChip tracking device whilst remaining totally invisible above the clouds.

I am afraid. Not being able to see or hear them adds enormously to my sense of helplessness and fearful despair.

At first you'll be afraid, you'll be petrified, you'll keep thinking you can never live without us by your side,, but you'll survive, you will survive....:)

AZ a couple of weeks ago, very mild 'flu' like symptoms for 24 hours
Waiting 2nd some time mid April.
Enjoyed seeing HM Queen and Dolly Parton encouraging folk to get vaccinated.
NB. Was given a card only information was the date and AZ. Space for No2. No batch number... It'll be right!

CFB

Oxford jab a few days ago - never felt a thing at the time or since.

Didn't get a plaster tho, which was disappointing.
I got a sticker :)
20210303_212945.jpg

Statistics

War Hero
Had mine today....quite an intense experience....people! Everywhere! Helping and assisting...amazing efforts. I bloody hate needles.....but must admit I had not even realised the shot had been done, must be a very fine needle. Had the Oxford one, shoulder is a little sore, will see what tomorrow brings, for sure I will be ensuring the wife runs round after me though.....

Oxford jab a few days ago - never felt a thing at the time or since.

Didn't get a plaster tho, which was disappointing.
I got a sticky label, showing the time at which my 15 minute window of opportunity to show allergic reaction would expire.

Probably just as well that 15 minutes isn't quite long enough to get bored enought to concoct and enact an entirely imaginary yet dramatic 'allergic reaction' simply to alleviate the tedium . . . . .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You are fated to die slowly, fearfully and alone - unnoticed save for the observers in them helicopters - and they'll tell no-one.

It will be soon, too.​

That should be a relief, based on the above.

Hope this helps.​

I had the Pfizer jab on Tuesday 23rd Feb. Felt a bit tired during the afternoon so crimped for a couple of hours.
Had a minor ache/soreness around jab site which lasted a day or so. No other symptoms. 2nd jab due 12th May.

Wife had it on Saturday and, by co-incidence, her best mate was there at the same time (came down from Bedford where she is looking after her ancient mother).
both came back to our garden with lots of vino and and instructions to bring down a table and mix dry martinis.
Thus far, both, have reported a spot of lethargy and numbness. I mix a good martini.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

clothears

War Hero
Pfizer. Arm ached for a good day and a half. 26 hour later, chill, shakes, sweats, vomited, and had a complete colon cleanse. Several other nurses I know had a similar experience. After all that the arm stopped hurting.

Had to take the first dose on my staycation. It was -30, so the best thing was as it was a healthcare clinic there was no outside lining up.

Not looking forward to number two.

TamH70

MIA
Further to my last, it turns out that it wasn't the Pfizer jab I had yesterday, but the Oxford Astra Zeneca one.

I know this because I dug out the paperwork which was marooned somewhere in my daysack's vast ocean of pockets.

There was no wait afterwards, by the way. No need according to the very efficient nurse that was doing the sticking of the arms with the needles thing.

I gotr the same one as you, on 30 Jan.

No side effects that I noticed, not even an immediate feeling of invulnerability, possibly because I was still mired in a deep trough of lockdown-amplified Seasonal Affective Disorder, which was significantly abated with the arrival of false spring over the weekend before last.

Stop fretting.
It's not a question of fretting , it's just an interesting exercise in getting to the facts .
Have you seen any reports in the main stream media on after effects ?

Meant to get mine tomorrow but have had to cancel as I’m recovering after discharge from hospital on Monday and isolating after catching C19 last week (either in the community or hospital I don’t know) Bit gutted as I wanted to get it over with as I hate injections.
I hate injections as well mate but honestly, I didn't feel a thing, a tiny little scratch and that was it. All done in under 2 minutes.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
AstraZeneca at 0905 this morning.

As of 1030 hours no effects other than a slight ache at the injection site.

awlih ;rorgtih ;fq i 4otyhi ;o45yih oihjo6i 56u eiyjo;aweifio;a5 yjiruh

See, absolutely fine.

endure

GCM
AstraZeneca at 0905 this morning.

As of 1030 hours no effects other than a slight ache at the injection site.

awlih ;rorgtih ;fq i 4otyhi ;o45yih oihjo6i 56u eiyjo;aweifio;a5 yjiruh

See, absolutely fine.
bggg.jpg

It's not a question of fretting , it's just an interesting exercise in getting to the facts .
Have you seen any reports in the main stream media on after effects ?
Nope, but I wouldn't go looking for them. NHS on the web is the go-to source for medical stuff. Mainstream media reporting? Needless, ill informed scaremongering, mostly.

Latest Threads