The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Saline drIps have been used for many years in one way or another. High dosage can harm

I have my second jab on Sunday. I’m expecting full blown ebola as an after effect.

Tesseract

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was a gibbering sweaty wreck barely able to maintain something approaching equilibrium and then after the AZ I felt even bloody worse

I was a gibbering sweaty wreck barely able to maintain something approaching equilibrium and then after the AZ I felt even bloody worse

So no noticeable difference then.

Wife and I have just had our second (Moderna), which came with a free, bi-lingual (Fr/Eng) sistificate.
We were warned about possible flu-like symptoms: had that happened after the first? No. In which case unlikely to happen this time.
After a very slow start, the Swiss authorities announced, a couple of weeks ago, over-18s were now eligible. Our daughter has been trying the on-line booking system since then, but no slots.
In passing, today, my wife mentioned to the nurse sticker that it was just daughter to go.
I followed my wife into the chair and the same nurse said ‘We’ve got a slot for your daughter tomorrow at 16.30.’
By the time the nurse had stuck a wee plaster on my arm, the admin assistant had asked my wife for daughter’s mobile number, sent her an SMS, and received confirmation back.

I had shot #2 yesterday (Astra Zeneca). I was blethering away with the nurse and didn't even realise she'd done it. I had a bit of a nocturnal shivering fit after shot #1. It's about 24 hours now and absolutely nothing after this one, not even arm ache.

I feel a little short changed, if I'm honest.

Last edited:

Londo

LE
I had my second pfizer jab yesterday . Unlike the first one where I had no symptoms apart from an achy shoulder for a couple of days .
This one hit me hard . Got to feeling very rough in the evening and started getting confused and weird (more so than usual) and a bit achy .
Crawled up the stairs to bed with my eyes shut I was so tired and once in do you think I could sleep ? Nah ! Lay there for hours and then the pains started .
Every joint hurt including my ankles and wrists , most painful were my elbows .
Eventually dropped off just after dawn and woke up not too bad although I could be better .

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
I had my second pfizer jab yesterday . Unlike the first one where I had no symptoms apart from an achy shoulder for a couple of days .
This one hit me hard . Got to feeling very rough in the evening and started getting confused and weird (more so than usual) and a bit achy .
Crawled up the stairs to bed with my eyes shut I was so tired and once in do you think I could sleep ? Nah ! Lay there for hours and then the pains started .
Every joint hurt including my ankles and wrists , most painful were my elbows .
Eventually dropped off just after dawn and woke up not too bad although I could be better .
Are we to understand you did not have your late cocoa and rum before beddy byes?

Londo

LE
Are we to understand you did not have your late cocoa and rum before beddy byes?
I did have ONE very large whisky just before bed but that didn't work '
Much better today but a bit lethargic at times , getting a bit achy and shaky now evening has drawn in .

endure

GCM
I did have ONE very large whisky just before bed but that didn't work '
Much better today but a bit lethargic at times , getting a bit achy and shaky now evening has drawn in .
large-wine-glass-5-5-birthday-large-wine-glass-large-53519902.png

Just had some not so good news. Contacted by the transplant clinic and asked if willing to participate in a COVID trial. Bloods were taken yesterday.

It seems that the British Society for Immunology had recognised that those who are either immunocompromised or immunosuppressed, were likely to develop a lower antibody response after vaccination against COVID-19. Trials are ongoing in UK and US to further study this but it seems that this is the case.

It had been previously assumed transplant patients would be afforded protection by the first and second vaccinations but this may have been over estimated in the beginning

There are usually 4 classes of maintenance drugs/anti-rejection meds used for the long term:-
Calcineurin Inhibitors: Tacrolimus and
Antiproliferative agents: Mycophenolate Mofetil, Mycophenolate Sodium and Azathioprine
mTOR inhibitor: Sirolimus
Steroids: Prednisone

These can be used in combination and every patient will also have had an individual cocktail of various medications tailored for them during ongoing treatment, all of which will possibly effect the efficacy of the particular COVID vaccine they have been given. Other factor being studied is the length of time the transplant has been in, along with the age of the patients.

Results will be available by about Wednesday, but right now as an older long term recipient, it seems the big red ’S’ on the chest of my COVID proof T shirt has faded somewhat, and more caution may have to be resumed.

I did however enjoy the celebratory drinks and period of greater freedom after first and second jabs, but is now seems they may have been blanks.

Last edited:
48 hours on from jab number two (AZ) and no side effects at all. Had none after the first one either. Knowing my luck I have been given a placebo!

Placebo. Don't he play for Liverpool?

First time hardly felt a thing, barely the scratch I was told to expect. A bit fatigued and didn't sleep that well but otherwise it wasn't bad. Second time it was a proper jab. Got a real ache from that later. It was a bit uncomfortable at times if I tried sleeping on that side. I did wonder if I was developing a raised temperature at night but didn't feel the need to take any paracetamol. After 48 hours I was feeling much more lively than the first time, maybe because that there were already so many antibodies before this top up. (Speculation on my part as without the benefit of any before and after tests I have no way to know).

ETA - This was the Pfizer vaccine.

Last edited:
2nd jab yesterday (AZ) and just like the first one back in March, absolutely no side effects - not even a sore arm. A nice bottle of Pinot Grigio down the neck later on helped (shared with the missus)!