The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Waldeck

Old-Salt
Daughter had her 1st jab Wednesday, shes 16. Had no issues.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
One week on from my second Oxford jab and no problems.I see the team that produced the jab worked from the research they had been doing on a malaria vaccine."Covid was easy compared to malaria"!!!Apparently the malaria jab has had similar performance levels to the corona one.Medals all round for them please,well earned.

Both Mrs TK and I had the jab on Friday PM, Pfizer for me AstraZeneca for her.
I had no effects, apart from arm a bit sore, gone within 24hrs. Mrs TK, shivers, sweats and generally feeling nauseous for 24hrs, she awoke this morning and proclaimed to feel 100% again. Waiting to book 2nd jab, so will keep you updated.

ETA I did however follow the lead of Kevin Costner in "Three days to kill" and alcohol may have blunted any reaction.

Last edited:
Here in NL I haven't yet recieved a notification for a vaccination appointment. I have, however, now received a second invitation from the NHS addressed to where I lived in UK, way back last century. The current occupants kindly forwarded the letter.

Over here, my age-group (born 1961) are starting some time in May and apparently the Zeneca vaccine isn't being used at all. There are separate linked-pages for further information on the three that are being used. It seems as though Mutti's scare tactics will indeed be increasing Pfizers profits this year (Pfizer selling for over six times the Zeneca price per shot).

Rab_C

LE
Had my first AZ on Thursday, early Friday morning headache and slight fever. All day Friday and most of Saturday Flu like feelings, achey, tired and slight headache,this morning all back to normal. Just a shame it was a pongo who stuck me........

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I had covid early on, and had no antibody test at the time. Had AV vaccine and i had some reaction. I was not well for a few days but nothing much. Because I had covid, my antibodies are sky high, after a test, whilst the vaccine and the antibodies sorted themselves out, i had a couple of days under the weather.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, and No. (Pfizer)

GF and I are both pretty fit and healthy. Got the jab yesterday at 4pm.
By 6pm I’m all achey muscles like I’m getting a bout of man flu. Shes ok.
Then bed at 11ish and I am feeling proper shit and she is achey.
0230, I am feeling cold, shivery, muscles and joints hurt and a headache. GF is the same, both feel like shit.
Feel a bit better this morning, thirsty all the time, necking oggin and paracetamol.

Really looking forward to the 2nd jab.

Second jab was Monday. Both AZ, first in mid-Feb. No issues at all from first one. Second one a slightly sore arm if I slept on that side but that was it.
The biggest issue was a pamphlet I was given about avoiding falls for the over-65s - I’m only late 50s. Needless to say Mrs D63 and the little D63s found this funnier than I did.

tiv

LE
Jest been for my second Pfizer jab and while in the waiting area afterwards a woman spoke to a member of staff who called a nurse to see her. Don't know what was up but she ended up laying down behind some screens, presumably some reaction so the wait would appear to be justified.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Second jab was Monday. Both AZ, first in mid-Feb. No issues at all from first one. Second one a slightly sore arm if I slept on that side but that was it.
The biggest issue was a pamphlet I was given about avoiding falls for the over-65s - I’m only late 50s. Needless to say Mrs D63 and the little D63s found this funnier than I did.
Same effects here, got the second Jag so now l am like Prescott (JP 2 Jags -geddit?)

The literature I was given was about the vaccine used, Pfizer, and just the same as the first time so now have 2 sets of lit as well.

Ordered the home testing kits (Lateral Flow Kits) and they are due to arrive today. Only ordered online on Monday late evening so good turnround.

I had my second Moderna vaccine jab on the 11th April, my arm sore sore for a couple of days but other than that no side effects.

The CDC has just revised the rules for fully vaccinated people and for those still to have the vaccinations.

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 27 19.01.gif

Here in NL I haven't yet recieved a notification for a vaccination appointment. I have, however, now received a second invitation from the NHS addressed to where I lived in UK, way back last century. The current occupants kindly forwarded the letter.

Same here in France, got the letters and even a couple of SMS from my previous doctors surgery whose record keeping is obviously not the best.
Been here nearly 10 years now too, and they were told when I moved and at least couple of times since.
I feel tempted to tell them to post it here!

Latest Threads