The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Doc Blackadder

Old-Salt
Jan 23rd, Pfizer, localized pain, spot of dehydration and a slight headache lasting until 2300. Basically a mild hangover without the joys of getting drunk.

I had it nearly four weeks ago now on the Friday.

Everything fine on the day. Next day my arm was very slightly sore at the injection site and the soreness lasted for roughly five days. Nothing major, just a very slight tenderness. It had disappeared by the following Wednesday/Thursday and it’s all fine.

My wife who’s a nurse had it at her work a few weeks before me. She felt tired and went to bed early. Up bright and early the next day and back at work.

My youngest son who is 27 and has an underlying health condition had his two weeks ago and is fine. No problems.

My oldest son who is 30 had his on Monday this week. He was eligible because he looks after me as my registered carer during the day. He had a slight fever but that’s gone today.

My daughter who is in her early thirties and works in care had hers several weeks ago and was fine.

So todate, everybody's still alive, no sign of zombie-ism in anybody so far and none of us have a lump on our shoulder where a second head is emerging. On either side I might add. I’ve checked!

As you are all aware, the first jab does give some protection and we’re all now waiting for our second jabs but in the meantime, I’m relieved that we are moving forward with the vaccination process reasonably quickly.

We’ve all had the AZ one.

Last edited:

Tool

LE
Neighbours both had jabs. She (over 60, NHS worker) had the Pfizer jab. 3 days after the jab, swelling at the injection site. Lasted a couple of days, reoccurred about a week later. She says this normally happens with the flu jabs though. He had the AZ jab (underlying health issues) and felt grotty for about 3 days, but is now right as rain. He doesn't normally suffer after-effects of the flu jab.

HiD booked in for Friday mine to be advised.

Mine booked for tomorrow (we have caring duties for our nephew who has complex medical needs), but 0A had hers a couple of weeks ago (Ox/AZ) and felt like crap for well over a week. So I guess it could go either way

Canadian answer for jab time.... maybe March, maybe April, maybe September no-one seems to know wtf is going on and we were doing so well not too long ago.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
OAZ on Sunday afternoon (28th Feb.) Slight sore arm, right as ninepence on Monday. Yesteraday, bailed out of work late morning feeling dog-rough. Been mostly hiding in bed since. Back to work tomorow, I s'pose.

A very wet and greagdhjb lhbfenis moisgs bdhormous throbbia,sn zvdfflurple flangrtuhw, but apart from that no effects at all.

This post is directed at those that have had the jab as a factual feedback and not intended as a vaxxers rant page ....

Edited to add : Polite reminder : It's in CA , not the NAAFI .

I had the first Pfizer jab on Thursday 25th Feb ( last week ) and for the past three days have felt a bit weak and tired and have not been sleeping well , but otherwise OK .

Which one one did you have and what , if any , after effects have you had ?
Okay. My old man had his first dose with the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab and was rough for a day or two: drowsiness, headache and soreness. That was back in early Feb.

My Mum and Sister have both also had their first jabs but had the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine. Mum was fine after just a day of achiness and headaches but Sis is still a bit under the weather with mild headaches and fatigue. Starting to get a bit back to normal but she had hers on Saturday last week.

Tool

LE
So, I never got my callup either via surgery/NHS but went here and plugged my details in and all went through smoothly:

I had a look at that. My NEAREST centre is a 46-mile round journey, whereas my GP is a 2-minute walk away. If I contact them early Monday morning, they will be able to see if I can get an appointment next week... otherwise, options range from 46 miles to about 130 miles round journey to one of their official centres.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had 1 jab of the AZ a few weeks ago (My OH is the ANP at a GP practice, and had 1 dose left at the end of the day. Her boss didn't want it wasted so told her to give it to me)*. Felt some mild Flu-like symptoms for a couple of days but apart from that a a slightly sore arm for a few days no probs.

* I would have had it a couple of weeks ago from my own GP practice in any case as I have a number of health concerns.

Had the Pfizer jab. Slight ache in the arm when I leant on it when going to bed. Minor headache which a single paracetomol sorted. Mrsb had the Pfizer jab as well. Same slight ache in her arm, no headache but she felt a bit fatigued for a couple of days.

I had 1 jab of the AZ a few weeks ago (My OH is the ANP at a GP practice, and had 1 dose left at the end of the day. Her boss didn't want it wasted so told her to give it to me)*. Felt some mild Flu-like symptoms for a couple of days but apart from that a a slightly sore arm for a few days no probs.

* I would have had it a couple of weeks ago from my own GP practice in any case as I have a number of health concerns.
I know Arrse membership is considered dodgy by many in the civilised world but we aren't a disease y'know! :p

Pfizer vaccination.

No effects of any description whatsoever.

All the claimed side effects seem to be so nebulous my guess is they were caused by something else.

Tool

LE
Pfizer vaccination.

No effects of any description whatsoever.

All the claimed side effects seem to be so nebulous my guess is they were caused by something else.
Or, as I mentioned up-thread, reactions to other vaccines, so expected in any of the Covid jabs.

Issi

LE
I had mine this morning. In and out in a flash. 15 mins in the car in case I came over all peculiar, and then back to work.

Latest Threads