The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

I`ve had a similar experience, felt very muggy, memory was abysmal to the point where I`d think of something to do and ten seconds later it was gone, I`ve had to carry a notepad and write everything down as soon as I think of it, luckily work hasn`t been busy.

On that basis I was vaccinated about 20 years ago! :)

I was contacted at lunchtime today by my surgery, offering me a vaccination appointment. I have turned it down for the time being because I am awaiting follow-up appointments for my two underlying health conditions, as well having a chest infection atm and taking a course of Amoxicilin. When I feel better and have been checked out properly, I'll go and get jabbed.

Got mine at 11:09 today, starting to feel a bit heavy-limbed, a little tired.

I probably have a temperature too, but due to Mrs SD having the heating turned up to nuclear reactor levels rather than the vaccine. I also have a bit of a headache, mainly because zero alpha asks me if I'm OK every 5 minutes.

You all must be weak, had Covid and the Jab...Covid was a bastard but the Jab has been fine.

Shielded due organ transplant.

Had a very mild reaction to the 1st Pfizer jab on Tues 26th Jan. Woke up and found I had a dizzy feeling on the third day. This persisted for a couple of days getting milder every succeeding day. No arm soreness, no fatigue, no fever.

Got a revised date for the second jab, and had that yesterday Thur 8th April, a week earlier than had been originally scheduled. No arm pain/reaction, feeling fine, will be setting off for my daily bike ride soon as walking a slight problem, two fused ankles due to para accident under reserve.

Am prepared to face a possible recurrence of balance impairment which would preclude using the bike...don’t enjoy bouncing off the tarmac, definitely had a couple of those.

The system at St Thomas’s was functioning as smoothly as it had before, very impressive with a good flow through with minimal waiting. Unlike 1st jab, yesterday's was a late appointment at 18:45. Interesting to see how staff were keeping a very close eye on vaccine levels in each room to match the numbers in the waiting area as it was dwindling, this in order to ensure that they would not have to open a big batch with possible wastage as they came to the end of the day.

A huge feeling of relief at the protection offered. Got to see the family over last weekend for the first time in a long while, they had been shielding as well due the daughter-in-law's cancer chemotherapy.

The slow but steady emergence from lockdown in the UK is, I think, giving a very positive outlook to the year for many. Hugely grateful that we are no longer bound by the EU who seem to be facing further lockdowns, but do feel for many who have been massively adversely impacted by this global pandemic. One that I feel China has a substantial part in the responsibility for allowing to spread as widely as it did before action was begun to try to contain it.

Hugely grateful that we are no longer bound by the EU who seem to be facing further lockdowns,

On the other hand we're governed by a PM who has been very slow to react to situations when they arise and we're populated by a citizenry many of whom are reluctant to play by the rules or to modify their own behaviour and who will be far too impatient to take things at an easy pace.

The gold standard for national recovery seems to be how soon we can get pissed en masse or clamber aboard an easyJet flight to somewhere sunny.

On the other hand we're governed by a PM who has been very slow to react to situations when they arise and we're populated by a citizenry many of whom are reluctant to play by the rules or to modify their own behaviour and who will be far too impatient to take things at an easy pace.

The gold standard for national recovery seems to be how soon we can get pissed en masse or clamber aboard an easyJet flight to somewhere sunny.
Yep the next 2 weeks for those of us that are sensible are going to be exactly the same..

That being the case then many other nations are that much worse off than we, for which many of us are thankful.

I've had sex on a plate since the wife had hers, dunno if it's a very rare side effect or whatever, hope it continues after her second.

snortypig

Clanker
Me (57) and current gf (56) got our jab at GSK Ulverston last Saturday. Apart from the actual jab needle going in as per normal flu type jab prick of the skin, neither of us have had side-effects at all.

AZ Batch PV46674

and as per the post above....sex is good but her cooking is just as bad as it was pre-jab!

AZ... knocked out for a week, bleed like haemophilic, blood was very very bright red. super oxygenated, not normal at all.............. really looking forward to my 2nd shot...................... NOT................ but I will turn up.

I have had many more Vac jabs than most of the population... could be a contributing matter.

But have one..... (Suspect I am preaching too the converted).

Last edited:

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Colorado has suspended the J&J inoculation because 8 people had reactions at the same center on the same day.

Colorado has suspended the J&J inoculation because 8 people had reactions at the same center on the same day.
Bad batch..... and no more "no more tears".

Edited to add-: I have become forgetful as well, little notes with blue-tac have suddenly become prevalent, and I bought an item off E-Bay and totally forgot about it till I had opened the delivered box.

Last edited:

Is it the same Johnson & Johnson who made the 'Klear' liquid floor polish that we used on our boots when we crashed it in the morning having got in too late?

If it is the same J&J, I expect that the people in Colorado who had received their jabs were caught out in a rain shower and had turned a milky blue colour.

Is it the same Johnson & Johnson who made the 'Klear' liquid floor polish that we used on our boots when we crashed it in the morning having got in too late?

If it is the same J&J, I expect that the people in Colorado who had received their jabs were caught out in a rain shower and had turned a milky blue colour.

Or are cracking.

AZ... knocked out for a week, bleed like haemophilic, blood was very very bright red. super oxygenated, not normal at all.............. really looking forward to my 2nd shot...................... NOT................ but I will turn up.

I have had many more Vac jabs than most of the population... could be a contributing matter.

But have one..... (Suspect I am preaching too the converted).
My brother in law, 2 years younger than me, had his AZ the day before me. He still feels like crap, shivering and lost appetite.

Any detail on the nature of the reaction?
Dizziness, nausea and fainting. Now Georgia and N Carolina suspends its use for the same reasons.

Been pointed out that less than 0.1% of those receiving any of the vaccines authorised in the States have had any reaction.