The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Daughter, 19, home from uni is volunteering at a local covid vax centre. They asked if she had the jab and would she like one, she hadn't and so had the AZ jab Tuesday. Was tired, chills and shivering through the Tuesday night, a bit tired now (but that might be usual at the moment), and a very painful arm still. It does tie in with her other volunteer friends of similar age who all experienced similar and the youngsters seem to be getting it worse than us older ones.

Daughter, 19, home from uni is volunteering at a local covid vax centre. They asked if she had the jab and would she like one, she hadn't and so had the AZ jab Tuesday. Was tired, chills and shivering through the Tuesday night, a bit tired now (but that might be usual at the moment), and a very painful arm still. It does tie in with her other volunteer friends of similar age who all experienced similar and the youngsters seem to be getting it worse than us older ones.

[Anecdotal]
Some of the early accounts suggested that those who already had antibodies had more of a reaction after vaccination. Maybe she'd had it at uni (fnarr, yoikks) but was anymphomatic (sp?).
[/Anecdotal]

AZ on Sunday. No arm issues but 3 days later had for me a really uncharacteristic blood sugar crash with the shakes.
Also for past two nights been sweating like a Geordie in a spelling test.
No other symptoms though. ( unlike when I had it last May ugh!).

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
[Anecdotal]
Some of the early accounts suggested that those who already had antibodies had more of a reaction after vaccination. Maybe she'd had it at uni (fnarr, yoikks) but was anymphomatic (sp?).
[/Anecdotal]

Yes, we were saying that too. The way they do it on her campus was at a flat level (which is in a block of flats) so 6 on her stairs effectively, and her block of 6 never tested positive, while a lot of the other floors had. Perhaps all those 6 had had it, and were all asymptomatic.

I had the AZ vaccine 10 days ago and the only side effect was that I developed pins and needles in my hand which came on about 4 hours afterwards and lasted for about 6 hours. Then just the obligatory sore/dead arm for 24 hours or so.

Well, well. An update almost 2 weeks on.
Tired as a very tired thing. The kind of tired when you've run for two hours in the afternoon and now it's evening. Like walking through treacle.

Head fucked for first week. Poor short term memory, almost to confusion point. Made some real howler mistakes at work, had to drive 140 mile round trip in the evening after work to go and reset an alarm that I had left in test, never done that before. Even felt temporarily lost at a road junction I use often.

Thankfully now the fog seems to have cleared.

If I was still in my former career I would never have coped in the 7 to 10 day period after the jab.

Mrs Stain is fine.

As has been said by the previous poster, I'm a little wary of the second dose. I'm gonna have to plan my work taskings carefully around it.

Teeblerone

War Hero
Tired as a very tired thing. The kind of tired when you've run for two hours in the afternoon and now it's evening. Like walking through treacle.

Head fucked for first week. Poor short term memory, almost to confusion point. Made some real howler mistakes at work, had to drive 140 mile round trip in the evening after work to go and reset an alarm that I had left in test, never done that before. Even felt temporarily lost at a road junction I use often.

If I was still in my former career I would never have coped in the 7 to 10 day period after the jab.

Mrs Stain is fine.

As has been said by the previous poster, I'm a little wary of the second dose. I'm gonna have to plan my work taskings carefully around it.
Thanks for that, worth bearing in mind for dose 2. I've been feeling tired & stupid(er), (but it's difficult to separate that from boredom, hangovers, insomnia etc)

wolfgang

Old-Salt
I don't know if I've had the jab yet...I should explain.
I'm taking part in trials for Novavax,had 2 jabs in September 3 weeks apart.As it's blind testing I don't know if I got the vaccine or the placebo (saline).
Novavax have now decided to do crossover trials so those who had saline jabs will now get 2 doses of vaccine and vice versa.
Good news for me is that I will have had both doses of vaccine by the end of April,a few weeks before I'd be due it on the NHS.
Update on the above - I had the first of my second pair of jabs yesterday.
Although I still don't know whether it was placebo or vaccine I have now definitely had at least one dose of Novavax.No side effects so far from any of the jabs.
I get my final jab in 3 weeks .
Trials staff expect that Novavax will be licenced in the near future.
I had a Covid swab test taken before my jab and got the result this morning,16 hours after I posted it,impressive!

ZW Clanger

Old-Salt
1st jab yesterday- felt fine no dramas. Terrible nights sleep, temperature, banging head.
Feel like I’ve been hit with a sledgehammer today...proper lethargic, aches and shivers. Arm movement restricted and banging head.
Not one to moan though so I’ve adopted prone on the sofa with no intention of moving.
She is well impressed!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The bloody Welsh couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.
Daughter and wife have this morning had their second Pfizer jab, gold standard jab, me, whose older on another list and not due my second jab till June and that’s the second rate blood clotting nasty Oxford type. It’s not fair I say.
Any how enough of the tongue in cheek moaning, but why aren’t households on the same list? Doesn’t make sense.
The wife reported that yet again there were loads of cancellations due to people and this was a big reason for cancelling, “I’m not having it as the government can trace you and know your movements with this jab”.
I fecking despair at the amount of high level feckwittery that is going on in our general population, hopefully we might get a natural reduction in feckwittery when these idiots catch it and die.
Ps. No moaning from the women didn’t hurt at all no aching this time, nothing.
Great she can get on do my lunch and tea tonight!

TamH70

MIA
The bloody Welsh couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.
Daughter and wife have this morning had their second Pfizer jab, gold standard jab, me, whose older on another list and not due my second jab till June and that’s the second rate blood clotting nasty Oxford type. It’s not fair I say.
Any how enough of the tongue in cheek moaning, but why aren’t households on the same list? Doesn’t make sense.
The wife reported that yet again there were loads of cancellations due to people and this was a big reason for cancelling, “I’m not having it as the government can trace you and know your movements with this jab”.
I fecking despair at the amount of high level feckwittery that is going on in our general population, hopefully we might get a natural reduction in feckwittery when these idiots catch it and die.
Ps. No moaning from the women didn’t hurt at all no aching this time, nothing.
Great she can get on do my lunch and tea tonight!
After getting caught reading the "Fancy a Bit of Ginger?" thread?

You are either brave or really, really, foolish.

[Anecdotal]
[/Anecdotal]

Yes, you're right to have some doubts about the spelling. It should be, 'a nymphomaniac'.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The only side-effect I had was that the venison I had two days later tasted like liver. I was right as rain the next day.
Better than tasting like chicken!

slick

LE

Mrs Stain is fine.

I`ve had a similar experience, felt very muggy, memory was abysmal to the point where I`d think of something to do and ten seconds later it was gone, I`ve had to carry a notepad and write everything down as soon as I think of it, luckily work hasn`t been busy.