The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

I posted I had the Oxford AZ jab a few weeks back with no issues. My wife had Oxford AZ jab a week before me and she is still a unhappy bunny (but that is probably that she is married to me), pain in the arm near the injection site etc.

A lady friend down the road also had problems after her Oxford AZ and was ill for a few weeks.

I have heard that other females in the area have had similar problems after being given the Oxford AZ.

I am keeping an eye on the wife so she does not show any more serious signs and symptoms.

On another point I have spent the last few days with a bad case of gout, needless to say I am not the life and soul of the party especially as it was my birthday at the weekend. (Second one in lock down and last years was my 60th with plans made for a party and a holiday etc).

The gout problem is probably not connect to the Oxford AZ jab but I through I share it anyway.

Get well cards and presents welcomed.

Are you on meds for gout? I had the OAZ and I take allopurinol, and not had anything remotely like an attack. If they had laced it with Marmite it would have been a different story for me I suspect.

Class 66

War Hero
Had mine saturday, odd tingling spreading down left arm in the first couple of minutes that re-occurs now and then. Light injection area sensitivity gone now.
Friend 1: Took 2 days before flu type symptoms ok in a day or so.
Friend 2: Took 1 day before flu type symptoms took a few hours to shake it off won't move injected arm unless he really has to.
All Astroseneca.
I have also had the tingling down the left arm.....hope it is not heart related!

I heard third-hand that you can pay twelve quid to get it done at Boots, rather than queuing up with the Untermenschen at the health centre. Anyone else heard this?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I heard third-hand that you can pay twelve quid to get it done at Boots, rather than queuing up with the Untermenschen at the health centre. Anyone else heard this?
I believe it's illegal to charge for a Covid jab, didn't one of Labour's lot get in the cack over it?
Indeed to both counts
"Can I pay for a COVID-19 vaccine privately or at a pharmacy?

The COVID-19 vaccination is only available through the NHS to eligible groups and it is a free vaccination."

Are you on meds for gout? I had the OAZ and I take allopurinol, and not had anything remotely like an attack. If they had laced it with Marmite it would have been a different story for me I suspect.
YES and NO.

I don't take regular meds for gout but when I feel a tingle (stop sniggering at the back), I used to pop straight around to the GP and pick up a completed prescription and nip next doors to the chemist and limp a way a happyish teddy.

However with CV 19 around there's no chance of chatting up the Receptionist to get a GP to sign a 'ADHOC' prescription when they slip an 'ADHOC' mug of tea in for the GP, complete with the choccy biscuits which I supplied. Bribery gets you everywhere, well it did.

So when I felt the gout coming back it's been to late as I had a bad session this time and still trying to get my meds from the chemist the usual way.

Summit request to GP and wait 2 days until its upload on the new cloud thingabob.

Attend chemist and find no meds in stock therefore wait another few days or have your prescriptions uploaded on the new cloud thingabob and try another chemist across town.

Shot myself in the foot this time!!!!!!!

YES and NO.

I don't take regular meds for gout but when I feel a tingle (stop sniggering at the back), I used to pop straight around to the GP and pick up a completed prescription and nip next doors to the chemist and limp a way a happyish teddy.

However with CV 19 around there's no chance of chatting up the Receptionist to get a GP to sign a 'ADHOC' prescription when they slip an 'ADHOC' mug of tea in for the GP, complete with the choccy biscuits which I supplied. Bribery gets you everywhere, well it did.

So when I felt the gout coming back it's been to late as I had a bad session this time and still trying to get my meds from the chemist the usual way.

Summit request to GP and wait 2 days until its upload on the new cloud thingabob.

Attend chemist and find no meds in stock therefore wait another few days or have your prescriptions uploaded on the new cloud thingabob and try another chemist across town.

Shot myself in the foot this time!!!!!!!

I know that dance all too well. Then I had one very bad attack and that was it, the decision was made for me to manage it in an allopurinol way and I haven't looked back. Still not risking Marmite though. :)

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's the vaccination for Influenza, also a coronavirus virus.

The COVID-19 vaccination is provided free, courtesy of the NHS and the lovely taxpayers who fund it.

Edited to remove the opportunity for pedantic arguments.

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nope, but then I'm not an epidemiologist either. The principal is the COVID jab is free.
Yeah, the COVID jab is free, but I’m pretty sure that that none of the influenza viruses are coronaviruses. This is why the COVID-19 virus behaves differently to influenza viruses, and comparing them is basically misinformation.

Had a painless injection of AstraZeneca on Friday some tenderness remains in area . Felt a bit tired/ropey day after ..that may or may not have been caused by the few beers on a night out. Had a relative who was quite ill after her vaccination, she felt rough for two weeks.

Had the jab Friday, was expecting to be rough like my Mrs was but nothing, nothing whatsoever hardly even a sore injection site.

In fact the only difference I've noticed is I've got fitter. I run and keep track of my heart rate and which zone I'm in, despite running quite often my heart rate was getting higher, it was becoming hard work. Today I went for a quick 2 mile run (The route I trained for selection) and it was as easy as what it was last summer, heart rate in lower zone and I felt like it was easy. Very strange.

Did the same run last Wednesday and was mostly Zone 4 and 5, felt like hard work just a mere 2 miles at a slow pace.

Did it today, mostly in Zone 3 and 4, sprinted the last half mile, could have easily done it again.

Had the jab Friday, was expecting to be rough like my Mrs was but nothing, nothing whatsoever hardly even a sore injection site.

In fact the only difference I've noticed is I've got fitter. I run and keep track of my heart rate and which zone I'm in, despite running quite often my heart rate was getting higher, it was becoming hard work. Today I went for a quick 2 mile run (The route I trained for selection) and it was as easy as what it was last summer, heart rate in lower zone and I felt like it was easy. Very strange.

Did the same run last Wednesday and was mostly Zone 4 and 5, felt like hard work just a mere 2 miles at a slow pace.

Did it today, mostly in Zone 3 and 4, sprinted the last half mile, could have easily done it again.
I am reporting you to the Sporting Bodies!!!!

Taking performance enhancing drugs.

You are going to be losing those Gold Medals.

This post is directed at those that have had the jab as a factual feedback and not intended as a vaxxers rant page ....

Edited to add : Polite reminder : It's in CA , not the NAAFI .

I had the first Pfizer jab on Thursday 25th Feb ( last week ) and for the past three days have felt a bit weak and tired and have not been sleeping well , but otherwise OK .

Which one one did you have and what , if any , after effects have you had ?

Hi there,

I work in major trauma so have had both doses of the Pfizer, after the first dose I was very very fatigued for a couple of days, after the 2nd jab I had flu like symptoms for around 2 days and thats it.

AZ.... knocked me out for a week, vomiting before I could get to the toilet.... dead to the world.

Went for a "Kill or Cure" 5 Km meander after 9 days to get the system back up and running and "Kill" was almost the winner, had a "slight" relapse the following day.

I am, unlike most, absolutely tanked up with vaccs for all around the world...... even bloody rare ones, I'm guessing the bad reaction is the old lads are not too happy about the new kid on the block.

Every Friday afternoon was Vaccs afternoon for new to the unit...and you got the rest of the afternoon off, easy!
Come about week 10...... and it's have a quiet weekend.. your not feeling quite right.... about vacc week 15 and you see the crafty Army sods have made sure you wasted your free-time weekends overcoming the reactions rather than interfering with you Monday-Friday work cycle.

I just had to just look it up....... I was inoculated for 2 types of yellow water fever (Yes there is black water as well.... inoculated for that)... I thought one might have just been a booster for the other.... seems there are 3 types..... and I've only got 2.

Last edited:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Has anyone developed dry, scabby and rough skin on their arm where the vaccination was administered?
Not as such, it is a bit dry & red, warm to the touch but not sore. Been like that for the last two days or so, had my vaccination on the 19th of March, all the previous reactions have disappeared.

Latest Threads