The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
0900 tomorrow for me.

Supposed to be doing a 3 hour training course on Teams Friday (I'm doing the training).

Have to see how I feel.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
First jab Oxford Astra Zeneca on 20 Feb. Immediately went for a brisk walk. No problems at all.

1st Pfizer 28th Feb Sunday.

Excellent injection, didn’t feel anything. That's twice in 62 years that they've been gentle, both in the last year. Must be taking it easy on the elderly.

Even poking the jab site didn't evoke any tenderness on the first day.

Next day no symptoms or pain. Slight tenderness at jab site if prodded. This has continued to be the case up to now.

AZ at 0900 this morning, no pain at all, feeling a little tired is all.

I very nearly had mine today.
The surgery rang at 11.27."Was I available for a vaccination"? "Sure - when and where" says I. "11.43 at the Etchingham Vaccination Centre" says she.
That centre is some 12 miles away, along country lanes. I declined. So she put me into the Ticehurst centre on Friday.

OAZ on 7th Feb. Day 1, slight pain at jab site if poked (then don't bloody poke it). Day 2, tired and went to bed early and slept 15 hours. No problems since. Wife had the Pfizer last week and had a mild headache and arm pain. OK since.

AZ jab about a fortnight ago. Rough that night. Feverish, chills, sweats. Got steadily better through the next day and back to normal within 24 hours.

I appear to have been missed off the list, and had to write a begging email to the NHS. So far it has had the same result as every other begging email/letter I have written.
Lucky white heather, get your lucky white heather here ☺️

lecky

War Hero
SWMBO Works in the local Old Folks home (no... not the Sgt's Mess) and caught Covid off a resident returning from Hospital, along with a few of her Colleagues who had also been in contact with resident.
Just a few weeks after getting over that, she had the Pfizer jab. That evening she was dry retching and "speaking to God down the big white telephone"
Next morning, she was fit as a fiddle.
A one in a hundred reaction according to the Blurb sheet that came with the jab.

Booked online, as I was in the age group (66 1/2) and I had a shot of pfizer bnt162b2 last Friday. (Batch EN1185) at a vaccination center.

Mild ache in upper arm and mild flue type feeling.
Had a good walk Sunday morning and completely exhausted early that evening. Bed 20:30.

Second appointment auto booked by the system for early May.

Had AZ jab at 1pm today. No drama or after effects at the moment, though too early to tell the jab arm feels as though an ache may develop but that could be just me thinking it.

Had the AZ almost 4 weeks ago - very slight stiffness of the upper arm, hardly noticeable. In and out within 5 minutes.
It's not known whether the vaccine will be effective, with me having IgG myeloma, I think the research is being done.
Next jab, end of April.

I appear to have been missed off the list, and had to write a begging email to the NHS. So far it has had the same result as every other begging email/letter I have written.
Lucky white heather, get your lucky white heather here ☺️
If you're in England, you don't need a letter. Go online 'nhs vaccinate' and book it if you're over 60.

Last edited: