The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Oxford AstraZeneca three weeks ago. Slight feeling of flu for around two hours in the evening and tender arm. Felt pretty knackered during my afternoon run which I should perhaps not have gone on but fine the next day. Nothing since.

anglo

LE
From what I'm hearing, it seems the jab effects women more than men,
It had no effect on me, but the Mrs complained of being cold,
off to bed with the electric blanket on, and a load of paracetamol,
she was very tired the next day, fine again now

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
had the jab 2 weeks ago
the German one I think from the paperwork
for a couple of days swelling and stiffness in the arm
the following week really bad head aches for a few days
this week light headed, tingling fingertips and a head ache and tiredness
but I have gone back to work so maybe its going through the system
this monring splitting head ache
off today anyway as they have zooms meeting all day and dont want me drilling and chatting to my helper and telling blue jokes

just checked the sheet that was provided and all the symptoms are expected

Last edited:

endure

GCM
AZ on the 5th Feb. Wobbly for a day or two.

I've had both Pfizer jabs.
1st jab, no side effects at all.
2nd jab made me feel tired and mild flu like symptoms, these passed inside 36 hours though.

What he said, also made me vomit at 0200hrs in the bloody morning. felt shitty for about 3 days, and off my food. Arm hurt like buggery for days after.. Memsahib the same, only she was confined to bed for two days, no food only water. On the plus side i lost a few pounds of weight.

Both wife & I had AZ yesterday at 10.00hrs, both of us have a minor sore arm, no different than when we have our flu jabs. I did feel a bit tired late afternoon but not sure if that is related. Apart from a minor sore arm, and it is minor, nothing else to report Sir!

DAS

War Hero
Both wife & I had AZ yesterday at 10.00hrs, both of us have a minor sore arm, no different than when we have our flu jabs. I did feel a bit tired late afternoon but not sure if that is related. Apart from a minor sore arm, and it is minor, nothing else to report Sir!
Shows the variety of the human condition. From myself and colleagues having jab on same day with same batch we had a range of symptoms from minor sore arm, very sore arm and thumping headaches. These were the 2nd jab strangely. 1st jab was pretty much sore arms all round.

AZ 1st Jab.

Sore arm for 4-5 days
Day 1: Proper ill the next day, shivers/sweats, out of it - full on proper flu type symptoms
Day 2: Much better but still shit, headache, felt 'off' - decent hangover type stuff.
Day 3: Fine except for stealth headache - fine if I was still, as soon as I moved 'yes, I have a bad headache'.
Day 4: Absolutely fine.

Felt like I was being a right fanny but wife said she'd not seen me as bad as Day 1 before.

Dredd

LE
Had the first Oxford AZ jab last week - no effects, other than a tingle in the arm (noticeable only if you thought about it, couldn't be described as sore), otherwise fighting fit* as normal.

Looking forward to the next one in 3 to 12 weeks.

* Standard fighting fit description as used by the ranks and not as per QR

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wife had AZ a couple of weeks ago. Had a crap night with fever like symptoms, hot but feeling cold etc. Was fine in the morning. Not had mine yet.

Not had either yet, but I have copied a number of links to respected science communicators into these Covid threads.

This guy regularly posts on antivax stuff, here he discusses the evidence (or lack of) regarding adverse reactions to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. I realise that these are in the minority in the UK, but there was ALOT of propaganda regarding the mRNA vaccines so it is good to see.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Had the Oxford vaccination late afternoon while working a shift as Covid Marshal so a bit before target age.
No soreness but flu like side effect the next day .A quiet day and fit the next day.

Well worth it and every one of us who has the jab helps to save someone else's life

Last edited:
Me AZ and no probs
Mate AZ and no probs
Mate Pfizer and no probs

I know of 3 who had headaches and "flu" symptoms post AZ and 1 who was "floored" for 5 days post AZ - but is now ok

Had the Pfizer jab on a Friday. Saturday morning felt as if I'd a bit of a thump on the arm and in the afternoon felt mildly shit. A two hour snooze on the sofa sorted that. Next jab in two weeks.

I had my first dose of AZ more than 3 weeks ago. I have absolutely nothing to report.

Except that now the wife wants me to go to the supermarket instead of her, as she hasn't had hers yet.

AZ 1st Jab.

Sore arm for 4-5 days
Day 1: Proper ill the next day, shivers/sweats, out of it - full on proper flu type symptoms
Day 2: Much better but still shit, headache, felt 'off' - decent hangover type stuff.
Day 3: Fine except for stealth headache - fine if I was still, as soon as I moved 'yes, I have a bad headache'.
Day 4: Absolutely fine.

Felt like I was being a right fanny but wife said she'd not seen me as bad as Day 1 before.
I had the AZ on the 1st Feb, similar symptoms and time frame to you.

This post is directed at those that have had the jab as a factual feedback and not intended as a vaxxers rant page ....

Edited to add : Polite reminder : It's in CA , not the NAAFI .

I had the first Pfizer jab on Thursday 25th Feb ( last week ) and for the past three days have felt a bit weak and tired and have not been sleeping well , but otherwise OK .

Which one one did you have and what , if any , after effects have you had ?
+1 Pfizer
Pfatigued To Pfu#k

( Got underlying neuro stuff going on though)

tgo

War Hero
I had the Oxford/Astra Zeneca one last week, didn't feel it being done at the time (is it in yet) woke up early the following morning with vaguely flu like feelings, had a couple of paracetamols, went through the day bit of a headache. Day after arm a bit sore, that lasted a few days and that's it. So nothing really much different to having the flu jab.