The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

As I understand it, the flu vaccine for the year is made on something of a 'best guess' basis. They never know for sure which is going to be the dominant viral strain for that season, so they have to take a bit of a stab at it at the start of the vaccine production lead time.
They usually go by what the dominant strain was in the southern hemisphere during their flu season, and visa versa. Given that flu has been so suppressed in the past year as a byproduct of all the COVID-19 controls then I have to wonder how well they will be able to predict it this year.

I mentioned on one thread or another that several companies are working on combined COVID-19 and flu shots and hope to be selling those some time in the near future, although not in time for this flu season.

Flu shots based on the same technology as COVID-19 vaccines, whether separate or combined, are expected to be a lot more effective than the traditional flu shot. It will be interesting to see how that works out when they are available.

Arranging a vaccination appointment with my clinic now involves the use of one of those 'critical path' style automated telephone arrangements. I hate these because first you have to sit through a five minute introduction about Covid and other matters. By the time I get to the 'choices' bit, my head is a blur of white noise and some of the 'choices' are ambivalent and I often find myself back out on the street having taken a wrong turning.

How the truly elderly cope with it, I have no idea. Perhaps they depend on their carers. I had to go through it all yesterday to arrange a flu jab.

It would be great if there was an online alternative for booking appointments. Less opportunity to fúck things up, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, don't remind me! I had exactly the same experience yesterday. Then after 30 minutes of that they tell me there's no vaccine available right now!

Call me old fashioned, but I can't help thinking speaking directly to a human with a BFO desk diary in front of them would be more efficient?

Per government policy here I had my 3rd Pfizer jab at 8 this morning (exactly 5 months having elapsed since my second).
Some pain in the upper arm where I had the jab, feeling a bit fluey but not as bad as after the 2nd jab.
My health care provider's local branch has converted its basement into a vaccination center (Covid & flu) - all very efficient and not unpleasant. The appointment system and on-site operation were seamless.
07:50, just prior to opening:
1632165818240.png

Per government policy here I had my 3rd Pfizer jab at 8 this morning (exactly 5 months having elapsed since my second).
Some pain in the upper arm where I had the jab, feeling a bit fluey but not as bad as after the 2nd jab.
My health care provider's local branch has converted its basement into a vaccination center (Covid & flu) - all very efficient and not unpleasant. The appointment system and on-site operation were seamless.
07:50, just prior to opening:
View attachment 605592
Are those boxes HEPA free-standing air filter units?

Probably not a good idea if your wife is preggers to let her get the "experimental" jab.

Probably not a good idea if your wife is preggers to let her get the "experimental" jab.

Why are you linking to a post from someone who makes claims as to what a report said instead of just linking directly to the report? Especially when the report says the complete opposite to what the blogger claims it said.

Here's the article he's citing, which is actually an editorial talking about the report..
mRNA Covid-19 Vaccines in Pregnant Women

Here's the most relevant paragraph. Note the bit where he says "were consistent with those expected on the basis of published literature" (that is, it's pretty much normal as based on experience).
Among 827 registry participants who reported a completed pregnancy, 104 experienced spontaneous abortions and 1 had a stillbirth. A total of 712 pregnancies (86.1%) resulted in a live birth, mostly among participants who received their first vaccination dose in the third trimester. Among live-born infants, the incidences of preterm birth (9.4%), small size for gestational age (3.2%), and congenital anomalies (2.2%) were consistent with those expected on the basis of published literature. There were no neonatal deaths. These are reassuring data based on reports from pregnant women mostly vaccinated in the third trimester.

Here's where the author said the sample size was too small to draw many conclusions.
Given that there was a relatively small number of completed pregnancies and that live births were typically after vaccination in the third trimester, Shimabukuro et al. acknowledge the limitations in their ability to draw conclusions about spontaneous abortions, congenital anomalies, and other potential rare neonatal outcomes. Despite these limitations, this report provides important information that was not previously available.

So what is the normal rate of miscarriage?
Spontaneous Abortion
Here's one reference:
Miscarriage or spontaneous abortion involves the loss of a pregnancy, usually within the first 3 months of conception. The estimated frequency of spontaneous abortion is between 12% and 24% of all clinically identified pregnancies.
Here's another:
Miscarriage is the most frequent complication in pregnancy. It has been reported that 12% to 24% of women who have missed a menstrual period and had a positive pregnancy test result experience the loss of a pregnancy.
and another:
Management of Spontaneous Abortion
Spontaneous abortion, which is the loss of a pregnancy without outside intervention before 20 weeks’ gestation, affects up to 20 percent of recognized pregnancies.

According to my calculator 104÷827 as a percentage comes out to 12.6 per cent. That's at the low end of the normal scale. Does that mean that the vaccines reduce the rate of miscarriage? If you are going to try to draw conclusions from the study then that's what it would seem to be.

What the study really seems to be about is the method of data collection (via a phone app). The author's conclusion was that more studies need to be done. The editorial was about the need to do more studies. Neither concluded there was any problem with the vaccines in question (Pfizer-Biontech and Moderna).

The post you provide doesn't stand up to even the briefest of checking. He's telling porkies and given how easily it was to check the numbers he is almost certainly telling porkies quite deliberately. File it under conspira-loon anti-vaxxer.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Some more info from project veritas about the "experimental" vaccine:

Yeah and verily. A small group of people who put their faith in God are bravely exposing a giant conspiracy consisting of almost every doctor or nurse in the US (the rest of the world somehow not knowing anything about these "vaccine" things apparently) to hide the TRUTH about the evil vaccines from the public.

I'll bet if they dug deep enough they would find it all goes back to Area 51 and the faked moon landings.

offog

LE

I think with the amount of MILLIONS who have had it with no side effects we have moved beyond experimental, we are just having to deal with the mental and most of them are getting a first hand interview with Darwin.

I, and every member of my immediate family - including my mum (high risk, elderly) and dad (high risk, elderly, recovering from a stroke) - have had the vaccine. No-one has had an adverse reaction.

Am I lying as part of the "deep state", or are you posting rubbish?

Ritch

LE
I, and every member of my immediate family - including my mum (high risk, elderly) and dad (high risk, elderly, recovering from a stroke) - have had the vaccine. No-one has had an adverse reaction.

Am I lying as part of the "deep state", or are you posting rubbish?
@mrdude is just a lost cause. He's so far down the conspiraloon tunnel that he's beyond help.

Latest Threads